• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Complete driver's seat base upholstery

AlfaBMWGuy

Looking for a complete black vinyl upholstery piece that's for a 1968-1973 '02 driver's seat base.  Even if the basketweave vinyl is in bad shape, I'm interested, although even more interested if it's not cracked or otherwise needing work.  My main requirement is that the flat portion of the vinyl on the top and around all the vertical sides is in really good condition--mine has a couple tears.  I've got used original basketweave to replace the top center section if needed.  Willing to pay a good price for the seller as my only other option is buying new from GAHH for $$ and I still may end up having to replace the center top embossed vinyl to get the correct basketweave look even with that option.

Thanks,

Gary

Still looking for options for replacing my black vinyl upholstery for my driver seat base.  These are $278 from GAHH.  I know they do top quality work, but since the rest of my interior is original materials in really good condition, my preference would be to find that for my driver seat base as well.  World Upholstery only sells upholstery for complete seats, base and upper sections, for several hundred dollars more.

Any leads greatly appreciated!

-Gary

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 11:24 AM, LB72 said:

If you’re interested $120 shipped, thanks 88793aa98a90aad067cde81126a7eeef.jpg29ef9a8bed94884c921b3d0f883f9971.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1975-76 style seat cover (6 pleats and a different style of embossed/perforated vinyl).

Regards,

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Thanks Steve.  Yep, LB72 and I figured out his wouldn't work for me.  I'm not as much concerned about the embossed center section because I have good original basketweave that I can have sewn in.  But, his are the later seats that aren't as wide (the top of the seat base doesn't extend as far towards the parking brake handle) so it just won't fit over an early seat frame and cushion.  You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find used black vinyl driver's seat upholstery, but it's proven to be a real pain to source.

-Gary

Edited by AlfaBMWGuy

12 hours ago, AlfaBMWGuy said:

Thanks Steve.  Yep, LB72 and I figured out his wouldn't work for me.  I'm not as much concerned about the embossed center section because I have good original basketweave that I can have sewn in.  But, his are the later seats that aren't as wide (the top of the seat base doesn't extend as far towards the parking brake handle) so it just won't fit over an early seat frame and cushion.  You wouldn't think it would be so hard to find used black vinyl driver's seat upholstery, but it's proven to be a real pain to source.

-Gary

I agree, Gary: I’m surprised that additional options have not arisen. I expected you’d have plenty of candidates, all with cracks in the embossed/perforated vinyl but with sound smooth vinyl... ?

Maybe your “ask” is too specific and tuning out possible responders. Perhaps “WTB Driver’s Seat 1968-1973” would attract more candidates. I don’t really know but am otherwise baffled why some old seat — of which there must be many — and you can’t get together!

Good luck,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Bruce, after studying your pictures more closely, I suspect you have two passenger seat bases and no driver seat bases. It is not surprising in that passenger seat survive in much better condition over decades. Yours look identical in terms of what side extends out furthest where they should be mirror images if you have both a driver and passenger seat base.

Thanks,

Gary

Edited by AlfaBMWGuy