sam1904

Ireland Engineering down?

17 posts / 1204 viewsLast Reply

So I hope as A) I am a newer member and B.) I have some questions about IE I don't get too flamed. I understand from all the commentary elsewhere they are an excellent resource and typically have great customer service. Given this I want truly want to support them!

Having a slight issue and have a question?

Placed an order for sway bars / springs and a whole bunch of other parts. Although I need the parts ASAP to get the car together to load on a transporter to move across country I understand this is solely my issue - they are not a 24 hr turnaround shop.

Placed order early last-week, was told it would ship ASAP.

Heard nothing so called to check this week and told  a bushing was out of stock with unknown ETA. Order had not shipped and shipping unknown. (Would have been good to know at time of order or at least be updated after)

I asked then to ship partial so I can get the back of the car back together (Front has not been disassembled so is good to load)

Was told tracking # would be out by 2pm by a polite young gentleman

Called two days in a row mentioning I did not ever get it - inquiring if issues. "No - it will ship today".

Still no Tr#

Called from Noon ET to 6PM ET Thursday and Friday and nothing but busy signal 100% of the time (maybe 40 tries).

Are they still in business?

At this point I just need to cancel the order so I ca get anything from anywhere to get the cat put together so it 'runs' when loaded.

Sam.

(p.s. let me be clear - they have not charged me for the parts)

Ok Go! ;)

FP.JPG

25 minutes ago, sam1904 said:

So I hope as A) I am a newer member and B.) I have some questions about IE I don't get too flamed. I understand from all the commentary elsewhere they are an excellent resource and typically have great customer service.

I’ve ordered from them a few times totaling to a few thousand dollars and I’ve never had an order be right. They’ve either sent wrong parts or forgotten parts, most recently they got all the right parts but sent them to the wrong address. I also was unable to get them on the phone to have it corrected, it was either busy or no one would answer. It wasn’t possible to leave a voicemail, my email was returned as undelivered. They do eventually make every order right, and I’ve seen recently that they’re trying to hire more people which could improve things but for now I’ll avoid them. 

Ive had great service from blunttech and Paul at maximillian. 

I like I.E others prefer other vendors. You are the peak of the peak season. Lots of people trying to get their rides sorted out.

I have never found shipping reliable In the automotive world. I think it is the size or weight of the parts going to domestic locations that throws things for a loop.

I have a efi system being delivered with ups. Just got my third and last notice today. I didn’t even try to get it. The guy rolls in stealth, tags the door quickly and vanishes, no knock or doorbell.

I find email best during this time of year. And then you new address and you will have it for when you get there.

I have also used Blunt and Rogers , 02 again, summit, jegs, and a dozen others. All rank about the same.... I take that back Tom at 02 really helped me a lot with my crank pulley. Above and beyond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you, for me I call them, they pull the order and I drive over and pick it up.

now I realize this system will not work for everyone 

332884BB-51DF-42FE-A1ED-E90FA3FFE4C5.jpeg.fa3ffead5e65d53d0857b0cce9123bcb.jpeg

51 minutes ago, chargin said:

I hear you, for me I call them, they pull the order and I drive over and pick it up.

Yup i do that as well.  Although i have also had them ship me things and they arrived quick and complete.  I have even had them ship parts to A mechanic directly and quickly to get the car done.  I have also called and got Jeff Ireland himself and he answered tons of questions for me.  Super helpful.  

• Like 3

I’ve placed a few small orders with them recently and no issues.

1 hour ago, chargin said:

Drive over and tell them to answer the phone !!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

racing season....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Mike G said:

I’ve ordered from them a few times totaling to a few thousand dollars and I’ve never had an order be right. They’ve either sent wrong parts or forgotten parts, most recently they got all the right parts but sent them to the wrong address. I also was unable to get them on the phone to have it corrected, it was either busy or no one would answer. It wasn’t possible to leave a voicemail, my email was returned as undelivered. They do eventually make every order right, and I’ve seen recently that they’re trying to hire more people which could improve things but for now I’ll avoid them. 

Ive had great service from blunttech and Paul at maximillian. 

This has been my experience.  I prefer Blunttech.

I've ordered a lot from IE over the last few months and never had a problem, Received everything in a timely manner and all was correct

11 hours ago, West Palm 2002 said:

Drive over and tell them to answer the phone !!

I actually called a few times on Friday and got a busy signal, Tis the season of Resto.

Many People are ordering 

On 6/14/2019 at 10:41 PM, Dudeland said:

Tom at 02 really helped me a lot with my crank pulley.

I will second this, although his stuff is for a really small niche, I always like to advocate for Tom and 02Again where possible!  As far as IE goes, I really like them for their selection of parts, technical input, and what I think is very reasonable pricing, but it's also true during the busy summer racing season I think they are quite busy and can be difficult to get a hold of sometimes.  That said I don't think I've personally ever had an issue with having parts get shipped out on time.

i have had 2 orders where the parts were bad parts, poor quality control. Getting them on the phone is very difficult. However they did make the orders right and they do carry some nice parts that might be difficult to get else where so i still do order from them.

At the end of the day our cars are over 40 years old and Someone is still producing and developing parts for us, For me that a big WIN that I want to support 

• Like 3