BarrettN

3D model of trapezoid mirror frame? Loan me a damaged one?

6 posts / 166 viewsLast Reply

Has anyone made up a 3D model of a trapezoid mirror frame so that we can print them out? If not, does someone have an old one that's damaged where I'd still be able to measure all the pertinente dimensions from it? Maybe one with part of the outer lip is missing along part of the length where I'd still be able to measure the lengths and shapes of the side, and hopefully with a section where it's intact so I can measure the profile.

We have a new 3D printer at work that I need to put to work!

Barrett

By "mirror frame" do you mean the vinyl/rubber base gasket that goes between the mirror assembly and the body?  And are you referring to the trap mirror or the early "swan neck" mirror?  If the latter I have the dimensions in mm measured from an old one that I have, with the dimensions checked against a mirror base as those gaskets tend to shrink with age.  

Lemme know if that's what you seek and I'll either post or PM.  I know there's a demand for the swan neck base gaskets as they aren't even shown as a separate part in the factory parts book.

mike

Interested in your goal here, I bought a new trap mirror from Blunt, has BMW markings etched in. 

Yes, I was thinking of the vinyl/rubber base gasket that goes between the mirror assembly and the body for the trapezoidal mirrors. I've read that the Mercedes part works but doesn't fit exactly right. 

Mike, I can try making what you need for the swan neck mirrors, send me what you have and I'll give making it a shot.

BTW ... I have all three sizes/styles of swan-neck base-to-door gaskets modeled and printed in 'flex'

send me a PM and I'll give you the details

I've sold a few to the folks here on the forum ... and think most folks are generally happy about them

cheers

geoff