chook

Engine parts

19 posts / 1085 viewsLast Reply

(edited)
Price: $100

Description:

Hey guys, I built an engine for my car a little while back that ran well but the rings never seated so it had excess blowby. I have decided to change directions and build a turbo motor for the car. 

1. E12 Metric Mechanic? Head. I got this from the previous owner who said it was from metric mechanic. It has dimpling which i have heard is an old technique metric mechanic experimented with. I dont know what its worth but ill ask $400 and am open to offers. It is complete with a Norris 301 cam. There is some slight surface rust from sitting SOLD

2. Ireland tii Distributer. It has a pertronix igniter installed. Im asking $80 obo with the plug wires SOLD

3. Ireland dcoe intake and linkages. Im asking $250 obo SOLD

4. Ireland tii pistons 9.5:1. Im asking $100 obo SOLD

Im located in Redlands, Ca and can ship or can meet for local pickup

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by chook

15 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Hi, do you know if these pistons will work on a 76 stock model engine without interference? Originally, it had flat top pistons.

Thanks,

Jesse

Hi, the pistons will work with the e12 cylinder head and require the block to be bored. Im not sure what head came stock on your motor so i cant say if they will work for sure. Thanks, Cameron

So,

just got the parts.  head looks fine (initial cursory inspection), but pistons look destroyed.  I suspect shipping damage.  some of the rings are no longer free to move in their grooves, and some of the nicks seem really deep.  Am i over reacting or are these pistons shot?

the head bolts were rattling around in the box when i opened it.  surprisingly at least a couple of the pistons were wrapped pretty well.

thanks.

Picture4.png

Picture3.png

Picture2.png

Picture1.png

Hey I'm really sorry about that. The pistons don't look usable to me anymore. I can refund you the cost of the pistons. I had the head bolts tucked in the bottom of the crate pretty well, I'm surprised they managed to rattle out. Again, I can refund the cost of the pistons and please let me know if you find any damage to the head. Thanks, Cameron

23 minutes ago, slowpoke said:

yeah, total bummer....  but these things happen.  i'll check the head more when i get a chance.  you can paypal me back for the pistons.

Money sent for pistons. Please keep me updated on the head. Thanks, Cameron