achman

2002tii Suspension gurus wanted

39 posts / 2173 viewsLast Reply

On 7/8/2019 at 9:12 PM, borgpj said:

2+ on double-checking to be sure the springs are installed with the ends tucked into the relief sockets on the front struts.  Mine were not, and the front end was aimed toward the sky as a result. 

Checked last night, and yes, springs were installed correctly, thanks

10 hours ago, chago997 said:

Yes, it's Bilstein UK.  They arrived in original packaging, new and with correct model number and address from Bilstein Uk.  took about 2 weeks to arrive.  one was opened at customs to inspect.

Best of luck, im sure it will be ok

Chatted with Bilstein UK this morning, they said yes confirmed they have them in stock. Ordered them to have them shipped to NJ

Super helpful, looking forward to it!!! Thanks so much

I also ordered them from a place in USA who said they have them, although they are a drop-ship company and I doubt they will ever come. If they DO, I will offer them for sale on 2002faq most likely

Now have to order the HandR springs

On 7/8/2019 at 8:13 AM, achman said:

What shocks did you use with the V springs?

To be honest I ran a set of KYB Gas Adjust’s and it felt great for just driving around, they worked much better than reputed 

As it started 

E8584FDF-A60C-4998-B5C5-BC15A9FA1E58.thumb.jpeg.dd55eeeee530fbf2c9e930b947c8a1eb.jpeg

FIXED

Bilstein HDs front and rear

spacers removed 

HandR Sport springs installed

I think the car actually rides smoother than stock with the HandR springs. Amazing ride, not harsh in any way, and corners about 100% better. Awesome.

thanks everyone for the input

IMG_20190915_221512_111.jpg

• Like 2

When Jason rebuilt my car's suspension, he put those HDs in it, and just those made a big difference.  He put poly bushings in the sway bar end links - the only concession to modern technology.  But, putting bigger sway bars on the car will keep it a lot flatter than stock.  I mean, the H&Rs will help too, but the bars make a big difference.  

Then you need Recaros, because your car corners to much flatter you go flying all over the cockpit with the stock seats.  

It looks awesome, man.  Really good.  It will be harder to recognize, now, though.  It was easy to pick out of a crowd before.  

:)

Scott

aedGT%e+QAG4LyDSqFIaoA.jpg

I actually already had Bilstein HDs in the car. I had the front suspension done with stock bushings and earlier and that helped the steering etc. The rear was redone awhile ago and is good. I don't really need the upgraded sways, it handles so much better than before...and I'll never do Recaros or anything like that. Stock all the way for my car.

at least I can fit it in the garage now... lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, achman said:

FIXED

Bilstein HDs front and rear

spacers removed 

HandR Sport springs installed

I think the car actually rides smoother than stock with the HandR springs. Amazing ride, not harsh in any way, and corners about 100% better. Awesome.

thanks everyone for the input

IMG_20190915_221512_111.jpg

Looks perfect, Brian!

Vern Mid America 2019.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bilstein HD’s, eibach sports springs, all new OEM rubber, fixed camber plates, and shortly to have IE sway bars.

Nice compliant ride

0D7ADD3F-86BF-47B2-A644-EA180B86F2A7.png

1092FD21-53B3-472A-B6D3-DD73FAA61027.png

80449D44-6F5A-445D-845F-C8DABA39EDC2.png