• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M10, S14 & M20 6 Speed Adapter Plates with How-To Guide

camperman

5 hours ago, Lorin said:

I can’t  remember where I learned everything but the most recent example of that spec is from Silver Sport Transmissions from where I have installed a couple their T56 6 speed setups. They won’t warranty the brand new T56 unless you get the TIR .007 inch or less.   
I have achieved around TIR .003 inch on those installs. 

In the video they quoted a .007 runout, I think it was the same transmission.  So .007 or less would be a good place to start.     I have lots of RX8 transmissions to choose from here.   36K mile one for $600 USd,  70K mile for about $350 CDN. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone on this topic interested in a custom 6-speed dash decal matching the original text?  I would like to make them but wonder how many owners would be interested in prepaying for one.

I started another thread and you can really reply to either to speak your interest:

Thanks,

Mo 

73 sunroof 2002 (past)  |  73 CSi (present)  |  FAQ Member #2538

2002 decals (mofaraz.com)     |     eBay

• 2 months later...
15 hours ago, Shawn Essex said:

Will your M10 adapter plate also work with an M30 motor?

Looking for other other CR tranny options beside Getrag and ZF.

RX8 6spd ratios are very similar. Was considering new Tremec TKX but can only find a bellhousing for M20 motor.

Thanks, Shawn

My understanding is that the M10 and M30 are the exact same so it should work the same in all respects.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just poking around and found some info on the RX8 forums.  When measuring up the dimensions on the swap.  

Measurements

RX8 Transmission

Front of Trans to center of Shifter 738 mm

Front of Trans to rear seal 800 mm

Hope this helps. 

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

On 10/8/2021 at 5:28 PM, Shawn Essex said:

Will your M10 adapter plate also work with an M30 motor?

Looking for other other CR tranny options beside Getrag and ZF.

RX8 6spd ratios are very similar. Was considering new Tremec TKX but can only find a bellhousing for M20 motor.

Thanks, Shawn

Apparently G-Force has an adapter plate for the back of the s14 to bolt on a T5.  If my tranny (265) ever lets go, this is what I'm thinking.

S14 bolt pattern same as m10, no?  I think so.

And welcome.

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.

45 minutes ago, irdave said:

Apparently G-Force has an adapter plate for the back of the s14 to bolt on a T5.  If my tranny (265) ever lets go, this is what I'm thinking.

S14 bolt pattern same as m10, no?  I think so.

And welcome.

If this is the G-Force you are talking about, they don't have it on the website. 

https://www.crossmembers.com/

"Goosed" 1975 BMW 2002

1 hour ago, Dudeland said:

If this is the G-Force you are talking about, they don't have it on the website. 

https://www.crossmembers.com/

Might need to call them- I've never seen it listed, but a very reasonable guy on s14 has one...

https://www.gforcetransmissions.com/tran_gt-5.asp

Dave.

'76, totally stock. Completely.