• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recommend guides

Hi,

I am starting work on my 73 2002 but I am a little lost on matinence  and things of that nature. I am looking for a guide that has diagrams of the engine bay with labels on things like tubes and such since I don't know what half of the thing in the engine bay are. It would also be really helpful to have things on repairing the gauges and dash elements(I know this is really specific).

Thanks!

The factory BMW manuals for the 2002 are good to have for any repairs or information you may need for the car.  You can sometimes get the hard copies on eBay or the classified section here.  There are also CD ROM disks available with the manual as well.

'03 BMW Z4 3.0i

’89 BMW 325is

'80 Mercedes-Benz 300SD
'20 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

Yeah the blue book is available on pdf but like the 02 they just don't smell the same as the 40 year old German glossy print. 

• Like 1

If everybody in the room is thinking the same thing, then someone is not thinking.

George S Patton 

Planning the Normandy Break out 1944

The car's owners manual (glovebox size) has so much information many folks forget about them. Even has a wiring diagram.  As with many older cars, I highly suggest reading the manual (or just skimming thru it) before guessing what to do on your "new" car.

• Like 1

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Owners Manual & the Haynes Repair Manual are valuable to have. Most 2002 answers are within those pages.

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

To be honest. Some time spent searching on here will be just as valuable as a lot of books for many things.  

Plus, if you don’t know what something is then post a picture on here and I guarantee that half a dozen of the most knowledgeable will be along to answer ASAP. 

• Like 1

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

On 6/12/2019 at 6:21 AM, jgerock said:

The car's owners manual (glovebox size) has so much information many folks forget about them. Even has a wiring diagram.  As with many older cars, I highly suggest reading the manual (or just skimming thru it) before guessing what to do on your "new" car.

Also the owner's manual is on this site as a pdf.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

3 minutes ago, AustrianVespaGuy said:

Can you share where? That'd be cool to see! Thanks!

If you send me a quarter, yes ?

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

49 minutes ago, bluehills2002 said:

This is a list I gleaned from another web site (Leon built a pretty good library-it’s old, though, good luck assembling it today for $125.).

8F3B7A6B-9439-442A-9BB3-A82393C9436F.jpeg

OT: This is great - Leon passed his '73 Tii (2764167) torch to me in 2000; He had it for the first 27 years, I'm currently at nearly 20 years myself.  Crazy how time flies. Haven't seen this list from him before (he's currently driving Subarus and photographing the western US).

Anyway, good list.

• Like 1

1973 2002tii (2764167), Baikal, sunroof, A/C, 5spd OD, 3.91 LSD, etc. Rebuild blog here!

In the past: Verona H&B 1973 2002tii (2762913); Malaga 1975 2002; White 1975 2002

--> Blog: Repro tii cold start relay;   --> If you need an Alpina A4 tuning manual, PM me!