Sign in to follow this  
SydneyTii

OEM / Sport Paket Wheels

8 posts / 229 viewsLast Reply

So I've been trying to find pictures of these wheels on white on light colored cars,

Here is a couple I've found,

Hope this is ok with whoever owns them.

Feel free to post some more. Cheers.

704DA75B-AEEF-4076-AFEE-75D128646F18.jpeg.e2b4a0f911d1e1c133f5badd70405182.jpeg

65103F33-120C-4E10-8EA7-737E07EC12F4.jpeg.ffb6666efc06cc04aaf36668fba5ab88.jpeg

IMG_1021.JPG

more oem 2.PNG

IMG_0705.JPG

IMG_0706.JPG

IMG_1013.PNG

IMG_1016.PNG

(edited)

Looks pretty darned good to me, except on the Euro-spec square taillight, where someone painted the rear drums silver, or some light color. The voids in the rim need to have dark backgrounds.

(But I must also admit that the factory steel rims with chrome wheel covers look pretty spectacular, too.... 😋)

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 2

(edited)
3 hours ago, Conserv said:

where someone painted the rear drums silver, or some light color. The voids in the rim need to have dark backgrounds.

Yes exactly Steve, that was my reaction too.

Funny you should say that about the steel wheels, my daughter said “dad, the best wheels on an 02 are the steel wheels and those ones (being the FPS wheel) so just get those”

simple but correct I believe (well to me anyway) 

I have so many wheels that I don’t quite gel with (yes it’s my fault) but I’ve always liked the lip and a set back pattern, and the FPS and steel wheels have both a set back pattern and have a lip (if you see what I mean).

so I may finally be able to sell my BBS, BWA, Octavo, Turbine and  Minilite wheels (see stupid I know) it’s ok they are not all new!!!

My Goodes I will have room for the lawnmower in the shed..... wonder what the Octavo would look like on the lawnmower 😜🙄

Edited by SydneyTii
  • Haha 1

Not really light, but not really dark.  I bought these from Blunt in '09 or so.  

Scott

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5baf.jpg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, saaron said:

Not really light, but not really dark.  I bought these from Blunt in '09 or so.  

Scott

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_5baf.jpg

Yes on anything other than white these look lovely, as yours do, or so I thought, but now I’ve seen them on a white car...... well Steve will guess the rest😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

(edited)

Original FPS wheels on my Sahara '73.  Took me 20 years to put the set together in the days before the internet....

And before anyone asks--plain (no Roundel) center caps are also correct for these wheels, per the folks at BMW Classic.  Check the '72 and '73 sales catalogs...plain hubcaps.  

mike

Ludwig at Mt Mitchell, 5-15.jpg

Edited by mike
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, mike said:

....And before anyone asks--plain (no Roundel) center caps are also correct for these wheels, per the folks at BMW Classic.  Check the '72 and '73 sales catalogs...plain hubcaps.  

mike

Ludwig at Mt Mitchell, 5-15.jpg

As here: 1972 U.S. dealer accessories brochure!

Best regards,

Steve

0C3E26BC-BFE1-4534-8D7C-2D2EA4AA5B19.jpeg

• Like 1