PaulTWinterton

PNW Historics. July 5-7. 02 Call Out!

4 posts / 141 viewsLast Reply

A shout out to all 02 owners in the PNW to attend the Northwest Historics this year. For those that have not attended, you'll not be disappointed.  It is everything we love about vintage cars and more.  The vintage BMW presence is strong and the atmosphere is charged with the sights and sounds of beautifully preserved race cars from years gone by.  Not to mention the huge fan turn out and gorgeous cars parked in various corrals.

My buddies and I are driving down from Canada for the weekend to park our cars in the BMW corral and enjoy the festivities.  We'd like to see a bunch of U.S. 02s do the same.   Saturday is the main event ($30 for car and driver), but we will hang out at the track Fri-Sat-Sun ($50 for car and driver).  Passengers are extra $.

What about a potluck and BYOB barbeque on Saturday night?  That would be fun.  Find a local park somewhere close by to meet up.  But that can only happen with local knowledge.  Anyone in the Seattle area help with that?

For tickets and corral parking get in touch with Debbie Haley, 206-227-9486, deborahhaley@msn.com

This is Cars&Coffee&MuchMore.  It doesn't get better than this, unless you're racing. I expect we'll see @NeueKlasseGuy, @Preyupy and other members at the track.

Hope to see you there? 

Paul:

I always try to make it to this event, and will probably be there on Saturday this year.  Unfortunately, my car is still scattered around my basement, garage, and Puget Sound from Mt Vernon to Renton, so I'll be driving something else. 

A post-race gathering is a good idea.

• Like 1

I'll try and come visit.  

t

7 minutes ago, TobyB said:

I'll try and come visit. 

I thought you might be racing.  Pro3?  No?