ohgodno

71 Parts Car

19 posts / 825 viewsLast Reply

Price: $500

Description:

I have a 1971 barn-find parts car. 

The Bad

The rockers, a-pillars and rear towers are toast, the trunk has rust under the rear lip, the hood is dented in the front. Living in a barn for 10 years - the car was home to some rodents, the seats vinyl is ruined, but the frames and hardware appear to be in usable shape since the seats function (recline move forward and back etc). Spare tire well is gone. 

The Iffy

Dashboard, its got a number of cracks and had some mice living behind it, but it's all there. Klippan seat belts hardware is all there, very pitted chrome.

The OK

I have paper-work saying the motor was replaced in 1992, I haven't been able to spin the motor over yet - but haven't really given it my best effort, pictures show inside the cylinders. The 4 speed - it exists. The driveshaft is in new-ish condition being it was replaced in the mid-nineties also. The gas tank is still in the car - doesn't appear to have any holes since my driveway isn't being slowly flooded with old gas. The floor pans are in OK shape - aside from the very fronts near the A-Pillar the front pans are relatively healthy - if you need just a patch toward the tunnel or hump under the seats - this can help. Rear windshield corners are in-tact, with some pitting and surface rust.

The Good

Frame rails are solid. The Sunroof roof? is in good shape. All the top portions of the pillars are solid. Front windshield corners are solid. Driver's side rocker trim is in good condition.

We're going to pull the motor and trans at some point soon and will have an idea if the front subframe is good or bad. But judging by the rear, it's unlikely.

I do have the title and a bunch of paperwork for this car if you're brave enough to try and bring it back to life, we strongly considered it, but have other projects we'd rather do first.

IMG_8477.thumb.jpeg.214b6fe558b529573a54cda762190aa7.jpeg

IMG_0525.jpeg

IMG_8845.jpeg

IMG_3512.jpeg

IMG_7082.jpeg

IMG_8788.jpeg

IMG_1464.jpeg

IMG_5619.jpeg

IMG_1252.jpeg

IMG_7535.jpeg

IMG_1783.jpeg

IMG_0418.jpeg

IMG_9330.jpeg

IMG_4735.jpeg

IMG_5253.jpeg

IMG_7359.jpeg

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_4401.jpeg

IMG_1164.jpeg

IMG_0552.jpeg

IMG_7367.jpeg

IMG_1147.jpeg

IMG_6786.jpeg

IMG_9810.jpeg

IMG_8114.jpeg

IMG_0397.jpeg

IMG_7584.jpeg

IMG_8575.jpeg

IMG_0698.jpeg

IMG_9859.jpeg

IMG_2410.jpeg

IMG_8036.jpeg

IMG_9156.jpeg

IMG_2280.jpeg

IMG_7343.jpeg

IMG_5431.jpeg

IMG_5559.jpeg

26 minutes ago, conkitchen said:

oddly $500 seems like a good deal. 

80% of the floors are in good shape and the frame rails are solid - which is pretty crazy for a NY/MA car. Especially when the rear towers and rockers are bad. 

The mouse poo is free, bring some wheels or we can throw in some e21 steels, or turbines for a little bit of extra money. 

27 minutes ago, ohgodno said:

80% of the floors are in good shape and the frame rails are solid - which is pretty crazy for a NY/MA car. Especially when the rear towers and rockers are bad. 

The mouse poo is free, bring some wheels or we can throw in some e21 steels, or turbines for a little bit of extra money. 

If you where in Northern CA I would come and get it. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, tedwardcairns said:

How does the dash support structure look? I need some of that for mine

I’ll have to remove the whole dash and let you know. Give me a few days - might be able to get around to it later this week. 

• Like 1

Bumping this up.

Kidney and nose are gone. 

Dash support is gone.

Rear panel for the tail lights is gone.

Floor pan is accounted for.

Still have:

• good windshield surrounds

• sunroof panel

• entire roof for golde sunroof

• engine block with flat top pistons

• 4-speed trans for parts (seemingly won't engage 3rd or 4th)

• driveshaft

• rear diff (unknown condition)

• front seat frames for parts

• strut housings

…ask away if you need anything, have the sawzall and grinder ready!!!