Ray Brandes

Ran When Parked

5 posts / 580 viewsLast Reply

I met Rob Siegel at The Vintage and bought "Ran When Parked." I am on the last few pages now and enjoyed it very much. If I wasn't knee deep in a 700 restoration I would be looking fir a tii!

Regards, Ray

DSC00015.JPG

• Like 3

I have just rescued a 2002 and read this book in 2 days - has lots of wisdom for 2002 owners as well - it is going to be well used as i make my way through this restoration - which is going to take me way more than 10 or 11 days!

Oilman,

Good luck with that 2002! I hope it is less work than Val, the car you see above.

Plans are to have it dipped before any metal work begins.

Regards, Ray

My plan right now is to get the car running and replace / repair systems one at a time.

The body is not too bad for rust but have a feeling the frame rails are shot - haven't got under the car yet as am re-habing a broken leg and that kind of contortion is contra indicated!!

We will see....

Oilman,

I am not well aquainted with the 2002, but my 700 has rockers that are in bad shape. I guess this is about the same as your frame rails.

Get well soon!

Regards, Ray