jfunk

Lowered cars and Washington State Ferry's

3 posts / 444 viewsLast Reply

Hey Folks, 

Does anyone have any experience driving on a ferry with a lowered vehicle?  I'm running basically stock suspension on my 2002 but I do have an aftermarket turbo front ait damn.  I can get over speedbumps without any issue, but the approach angle on the ferry's change greatly especially depending on the tide.  I live in Edmonds and have been tempted to cross over many times but have chickened out due to the potential headache factor.  Anyone have any experience / advice on attempting this or should I avoid this at all cost?

Thanks!

J

I have 74 with stock suspension (ride height, stock springs), and front Zender air dam, never had an issue. 

Some modern cars have a lower clearance than a stock 02 with an air dam,, and I hear occasionally they have an issue, although the newest class ferry they did modify the upper ramp to lessen or eliminate this. 

Thanks Russell - I appreciate your thoughts.  I suppose maybe I just needed someone to give me a confidence boost to give it a try.  I'll report back for those that are curious!  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.