• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

76 BMW 2002, SOLD

Bill Meyer

Beautiful car in exceptional condition.

If I was buying or selling this I would not be able to determine an accurate fair market value.

The best arena is BAT and because of the condition it could go for more than the asking price or not - auctions are a bit risky.

Best of luck finding a deserving new caretaker.

Edited by Donnelly
  • Like 1

^ That's funny right there....and true

I do have a real love for that Jade! Almost as much as my life long Agave obsession! Problem is it's only a square tail color and I'm one those ONLY Round Tail get off my lawn as*holes lol. I'm apologize... but it's a mental barrier I can't seem to get over. I was raised on roundie's'. 

This car IS friggen gorgeous for a modded square tail! If it was a Roundie' you'd probably be sittin at home right now counting your chips 

I agree with some of the posts...I needs to be on BAT and maybe you'll get lucky. EBAY lol....I don't list anything there pfttt...

Edited by iinca

Yes, the roundies for sure have a wider audience, so I expect it may take some time to find the right buyer.  Those that know or have built one to this level know you could blow past the asking price here pretty quick.

To the few that seem concerned I'm trying to rob a bank here..  well, I paid real money to get it and had no intention of ever selling, so I'll be happy just to break even, which is totally fine.       

• Like 2

I see you have your car on Ebay now. You will get a higher bid on BAT, where, I think, potential Buyers seem to have a lot more money than sense.

This one (below) you noted, was bid to $35,850 on BAT. It has been on Ebay ever since at a price of $50k and the highest bid has been $17k, but generally around the $13~$14k. And it does have the correct style chrome bumper for a square tail light car.  
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-bmw-2002-33/ 
The two others you mentioned are round tail light models and they, for whatever reason, are more sought after than square tail light cars.

Your car is fine looking but don't be depressed when it remains unsold on Ebay……...try BAT.
The Turkis car is gorgeous and done well IMHO. The front sidemarkers are curious though and some might not like the airdam (me), but the bid to price on BAT seemed pretty spot-on for a car like that.

Unfortunately, as the car is now a known quantity to an extent and has already been bid on I cannot imagine it selling for the asking price on eBay. The seller should have been happy with what was realized on BAT and accepted that.

I think that your car could make a similar price on BAT especially if it is presented as well as possible in photos-appearances are everything. While that might fall slightly short of your asking price, it is as you said the asking price.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

I looked over the pics again...real close. This car is really nice. Like I'm blown away

nice

I'd imagine if it was kept a bit closer to stock ('cept for the nice Euro bumpers) 

I think it might sell for that 40k

That dual snorkel is def' cool though

13 hours ago, iinca said:

I looked over the pics again...real close. This car is really nice. Like I'm blown away

nice

I'd imagine if it was kept a bit closer to stock ('cept for the nice Euro bumpers) 

I think it might sell for that 40k

That dual snorkel is def' cool though

Thanks for the kind words, it's the sort of a car that needs to be seen and driven in person.

If it goes to BAT the dual snorkel will drive em crazy  

On 6/5/2019 at 9:25 AM, Bill Meyer said:

BAT is not Ebay, when you make a winning bid your credit card is automatically charged 5% of the sale price, so the bids are not folks just fooling around, the cars sell and are paid for. 

be careful with BaT.  just because the buyer automatically pays the commission DOES NOT mean the sale goes through.  there are many examples of winning bidders walking away from purchases after auction is over.    winning bidders ARE sometimes just fooling around.  BaT does not follow up on the sales.  they just charge the commission and close the auction.  it is a seller/buyer problem to complete the sale.

• Like 4

2xM3

7 hours ago, mlytle said:

be careful with BaT.  just because the buyer automatically pays the commission DOES NOT mean the sale goes through.  there are many examples of winning bidders walking away from purchases after auction is over.    winning bidders ARE sometimes just fooling around.  BaT does not follow up on the sales.  they just charge the commission and close the auction.  it is a seller/buyer problem to complete the sale.

Marshall,  I've been following BAT like a crack addict since it's inception, I know many of the buyers, the multi time sellers, etc, and of the hundreds of cars that sell each month you see maybe one relisted due to a non paying bidder.  Doesn't mean there are others that also don't sell, but I don't think it's a regular thing.   

... and even if they are as you say not following up, what's the difference between that and all the tire kickers both here, Craigslist, Ebay and so forth don't follow through on a "deal" you've made.. it's all part of the game when selling a used car.  

Edited by Bill Meyer
spelling
  • Like 1

I have been following BaT also.   And am active in some other collector car forums.   Most failed deal closures don't relist.  And since bat does not follow up beyond the hammer down, there is no data on the failed rate.   

Unfortunately bat does not pre-clear bidders beyond a credit card number ... Unlike traditional auction houses.

They need to up their game at bat.  Credit check bidders and escrow the transactions.

• Like 1

2xM3

On 6/3/2019 at 5:12 PM, Brandon said:

It’s a nice car but for $40,000 it should be completely stock and have Tii written on the back of it....and even then you’re pushing the limit.

….Says the guy peddling crusty turds for ridiculous prices in the parts for sale section...

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

71 2002

85 M635

89 327is

98 M3

On 6/6/2019 at 12:06 PM, iinca said:

I do have a real love for that Jade! Almost as much as my life long Agave obsession! Problem is it's only a square tail color and I'm one those ONLY Round Tail get off my lawn as*holes lol. I'm apologize... but it's a mental barrier I can't seem to get over. I was raised on roundie's'. 

This car IS friggen gorgeous for a modded square tail! If it was a Roundie' you'd probably be sittin at home right now counting your chips 

As an example of a Roundie with the later green (Jade), here is Chris Williams' car at Vintage 2014.  IIRC, when the car was being painted, Chris told the painter to shoot it "green" and think they selected the later Jade instead of Agave.  I love both Agave and Jade.

IMG_9468_zps1bbeed90.jpg

Here's the same car at the 2018 PVGP/CCA Ofest.

20180712_072218_zpswkvelru9.jpg

• Like 2

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"