• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got the Pertronix Flamethrower in yesterday.....:)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

17_600.jpg

URL: http://www.lovingeveryminuteofit.com/bmw2002/index.html

WOW! I hooked up the Flamethrower and installed the 7mm bosch wires and regapped the plugs to .035. Still took a couple pumps of the pedal to get it started, but it did and I reset the timing. Revs up to 5000 with no problem and quick and the engine doesn't even look to be rocking at all.

Can't wait to try it on the road, but it still has a bit of stuff I need to do before it is legal.

If the exhaust was any good it would have sounded great yesterday, which brings up a question. I want an exhaust that is quiet when cruising, but when I step on it, it roars. But doesn't sound like a rice burner. What would a good exhaust setup be?

Guest Anonymous

The consensus over and over is 'use the stock setup' of course...

However, lots of possibilities exist. Mine is too loud, sounds more like a harley than a rice burner. I'm running 1 glasspak where the center resonator was, and a short one where a muffler would go. All that piped at 2.5". This was a custom job, and I like it, but I think I"ll acutally add a small muffler (ansa, or such) to quiet things down a bit more.

-----------

BigDog

'76 2002 LOUD

Guest Anonymous

I am running a tii ex. manifold with no resonator into a round dynomax. 2" piping all the way back. I dont even have sound deadener under my carpet and it is not loud at all at cruising speeds. But, under heavy throttle it gives nice aggressive growl and sounds even better with all the windows rolled down.