• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got a 74 2002

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I bought my brothers car from him since it has been sitting for 8 years now in the side yard. It did not run for the last 2.5 years till yesterday when I put a new battery in, fixed two gas lines and it started right up. The problem is that the gas pedal rusted off of the car and I need to get that fixed before I can drive it at all. Any suggestions?

Guest Anonymous

You can drive the car without a gas pedal by pushing down on the throttle rod that the pedal connects to. Not particularly safe, but if you need to move the car or something.. Now, if that is rusted, or if what mounts it is rusted (the pedal box) you will have to get a replacement from one of the parts houses. Let us know the details!

-Alan

69 02

78 323i

83 320i

Guest Anonymous

right down on the new bolts. This assumes that you don't have bigger floor board rust issues. If the pedal is rotten, you can get a new one reasonably from Maximilliam Importing or Bimmerparts.

Guest Anonymous

The gas pedal is out of the car now. The floor under it rusted out totaly. I will try to post a picture of it later. Is there a way to just replace that part of the floor?

Guest Anonymous

I had a '76 2002 and that was the year for the floor problems for 2002's. Anyhow, I had some welding done at a shop, for the driver's floor, the guy also welded in a couple of the metal studs that the gas pedal mounts on., perhaps your current ones are salvagable?

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000

Guest Anonymous

I will have to look at it again tonight. I don't think they will be. I was hoping it was a easyer fix then welding in a new floor.

Guest Anonymous

I had the driver's floor welded in, new metal brake lines put in, and a new driver side rocker panel welded on, all work came to $1200.00, the guy did a very nice job too., he did a little patch work on the driver's wheel arch too.

Tim

'74 2002

'69 2000