• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another question about the idler arm bushings?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/talkshop/forum/messages/14856.html

I got the old bushings and sleeves out, but I cannot get the new blue sleeve in. It does appear that it may be a mm or so bigger than the old ones. I found this thread with the same problem. I tried inserting the blue sleeve first as mentioned in the thread, but it does not want to go in. Do I need to get a piece of threaded rod and washers as was discussed in the thread, or does anyone have any other ideas? I could always use the old sleeves if I had to, but I would kind of like to use the new ones.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Don

Guest Anonymous

Try cleaning out the tube into which the bushing units install. try brakleen, maybe even wire brush / and/or sand paper. A minute amount of residue / corrosion, etc can make an already tight fit and installation seem impossible!

HTH!

Paul Wegweiser

Guest Anonymous

... but I gave it a good cleaning anyhow, and with a little more persuasion than I was using the first time, it went in nice and snug.

Don