dlacey

Rear Spoiler mounting template

8 posts / 511 viewsLast Reply

Hi all,

I am trying to reinstall the factory trunk lid spoiler...does anyone have photos or measurements of the hole positions for the spoiler. I have seen pics where the spoiler is mounted butting-against the rear alloy waist trim & others where I see it mounted 1inch away....

How should it be on an original turbo?

Dave

My spoiler is off now, I will try to measure the holes for you in the next few days.

My spoiler was mounted butted up to the trim or nearly so.

• Thanks 1

If you measure from the edge of the LIP, the holes on my spoiler are 10.5cm up. From the center, each of the two side holes are 44.5 cm from the center.

Is that what you need?

• Like 1

Did these cars have the late trunk lid with the spot for the roundel or the early one without?  

I believe the early (without), no sign of that mounting point on mine...

Thanks those measurements worked perfectly, the spoiler is now where it belongs!.

Didn't see the topic earlier.

This is what came with the Zender rear spoilers:

2038027777_MontageanleitungHeckspoiler.jpg.8d43a8effd3480a2deda5168a574db0f.jpg

Turbo rear spoilers came from Kamei and the rubber was a bit softer than with the Zenders. Kamei came both factory turbo and later also aftermarket, aftermarket ones didn't show BMW OEM numbers but Kamei logo and a number of their own (only difference I could recognize while comparing).

Installation guide might be helpful for the turbo spoilers, too. Except some spoilers came with studs and others with vulcanized threads - but I've forgotten meanwhile, if the difference was early vs. later or Kamei/turbo vs. Zender.

Best regards, Lars.