• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Antenna

Dennis Gylthe

23 hours ago, Brandon said:

Why mount on the trunk on a restored Tii?  The original was mounted by the dealer on the left front a-pillar, that’s where it should be on a totally restored 2002.  

I’m guessing the original poster is in Europe (‘75 tii) and I believe European cars are less uniform in their antenna locations.  I even recall that BMW, early on, recommended trunk-lid antennas for sunroof-equipped ‘02’s, because both drilling the A pillar and inserting the antenna cable potentially conflicted with the A-pillar sunroof drain tubes.

(And there are any number of U.S. ‘02’s with antennas on the right A pillar, along with early cars that used neither A pillar — my ‘67 1600-2 had its original dealer-installed antenna on the right front fender.)

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

20 hours ago, Dennis Gylthe said:

This car was deliverd by the dealer in Oslo With the antenna on the trunk, so keep it original.

Like it was in 75.

Dennis

Understood, Dennis,

I must admit that, in 46 years of ‘02 ownership, I have never seen a U.S.-spec ‘02 with a trunk-mounted antenna, despite BMW’s recommendation to use such antennas on sunroof cars! So I am guessing a replacement antenna will be found outside the U.S.

Not that it helps your search, I will note that, from 1976 until 197? — during the years of a U.S. 55 mph speed limit — I placed my CB radio antenna on the leading edge of the trunk lid. I was so cool! ?

Below: my ‘76 in January or February 1977.

Good luck and regards,

Steve

A2DE4108-748F-4A35-918A-33D8D74FE91E.jpeg

Edited by Conserv

1 hour ago, JohnP_02 said:

Hey My ‘76 sunroof had this on it when I bought it. I kinda like it.

7EE0F2D5-19A0-4626-95D9-DEA947FB7B0A.jpeg.a7dee3972e6cbb6992aeaf3aaa145d4c.jpeg

That’s a new one for me, John!  Not terrible like my ‘67’s right front fender antenna....?

Best regards,

Steve

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Conserv said:

Understood, Dennis,

I must admit that, in 46 years of ‘02 ownership, I have never seen a U.S.-spec ‘02 with a trunk-mounted antenna, despite BMW’s recommendation to use such antennas on sunroof cars! So I am guessing a replacement antenna will be found outside the U.S.

Not that it helps your search, I will note that, from 1976 until 197? — during the years of a U.S. 55 mph speed limit — I placed my CB radio antenna on the leading edge of the trunk lid. I was so cool! ?

Below: my ‘76 in January or February 1977.

Good luck and regards,

Steve

A2DE4108-748F-4A35-918A-33D8D74FE91E.jpeg

Thanks for posting this, I have new hope of a CB now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/21/2019 at 12:17 AM, Dennis Gylthe said:

I am looking for antenna too Mount on the trunk, 
Anyone out there haave one ?

It will og on a totaly restored 2002tii 75 mod Golf Yellow

Dennis

I have buckets of antennas, most are telescoping. I even have a bunch of new in box trunk mount and magnetic CB antennas if Conserv Steve needs a replacement. 

I probably have a fixed trunk mount in the piles somewhere.  I'd be glad to send you one for free if you pay for shipping.  Send me a PM and show me what you're looking for.   See my post in Off Topic Discussion about car radios. 

Steve

• Haha 1