Ray Brandes

The Vintage 2019

6 posts / 950 viewsLast Reply

One great time! I met lots of great people and saw many BMW models I didn't even know existed! Three 700's, two 600's and One Isetta. The rest of the thousand or so were new klasse.

DSC00001.JPG

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00014.JPG

Thanks for posting, Ray!  Any surprises from the 700s you saw there?  Scott

7 hours ago, scottymac said:

Thanks for posting, Ray!  Any surprises from the 700s you saw there?  Scott

Scott, Only how the three point seat belts were attached in the two Sports. I have to look at Val and see if that third anchor point is there.

Regards, Ray

Interesting, Ray, hadn't considered whether it was a base model or Sport if it had the anchor points.  Always thought it had to do with manufacture date, mine is a 1960 and didn't have them.  Do plan to add shoulder belts, though.  I found some period Klippan seat and shoulder belts, similar to these.

Image result for vintage klippan seat belts catalogue

These 2002 are similar, but I'll need to photograph the attachment brackets, since they're different.   Thanks again for the photos!  Scott

Image result for vintage klippan shoulder belts

Ray,

It was a great honor to meet you in person.  And Linda LOVED talking to Ruby as well.  Appreciate all your advice with regard to my 700.  We had a great time at the Vintage.  We go most years, but usually take the "Elf Limo" 600.  Hopefully, we will see you guys in future years or at another similar event.  Keep us posted on shows you are doing.  There are lots of good pics of your car on Facebook, etc.  Go The Vintage Public Facebook page and you can pic out some nice ones.

David and Linda

The Vintage 2019 #13.jpg

The Vintage 2019 #5.jpg

The Vintage 2019 #4.jpg

Here are a few pics taken by Dan Wagener of the Ultimate Klasse website.  You can find these plus a lot more at the site.  Great photography skills.

Ray & Ruby Brandes.jpg

Ray's car, Dave's car and Bill Rogers 600.jpg

Ryland & Sissy Owen.jpg

The Vintage 2019 #7.jpg