• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSD/Pertronix/8910 Adapter = No tach?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Hi all,

Checked the archives of both this and the roadfly board but can't seem to find a *definitive* answer to this problem. Any suggestions on what I might be missing? Tach worked fine before install, everything's wired up as per MSD's schematics, MSD works perfectly well, just no tach.

Thanks!

Steve McGinnis

Guest Anonymous

I keep seeing conflicting information regarding the whole pertronix/msd/tach adapter yes or no... It's confusing!

On my car, I use the Pertronix, and MSD 6A, and I just hooked up the wire and it works fine, no adapter. Others have needed the adapter, I don't know why. Could be a late vs. early car issue, which I suspect.

Hopefully some expertizing will go on here, and put this issue finally to a good resolution/faq?

-------------

BigDog

'76 2002 MSD6a, Pertronix, MSD coil, MSD Timing Module, MSD noise filter, NGK, Wires from Max.

Guest Anonymous

My 70 and a friends 68 both needed the adapter but the 68 didn't work with the adapter at firts. What ended up being the problem was that he had a Weber 32/36 with an electric joke. We had taken the power for the joke from the positive side of the coil when disconected that wire the tach worked fine. I do not know why this caused a problem on his car but it did. Hope this helps

Mark