• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wallothnesch Bad Quality

16 minutes ago, Jeffdynam said:

Wont do anymore business with them.

Bold statement, I challenge you to stick with it, 'cuz they're probably one of the best suppliers and carry good quality parts for fair prices IMHO. I put money on that you'll be back.... they always come back. :P

Seems a bit brash over a relatively inexpensive rubber part. But as Steve recommends, you should try out their customer service first. They're super friendly, and on the side of their consumer. 

I've bought thousands of euro worth of kit from them, and haven't been disappointed yet. The few mix-ups have been quickly and honestly rectified. 

• Like 5

I try to avoid buying unless there is no other source.

I have bought from them when I was new to the 02 community.

When they sell OE BMW Parts why not buy from BMW.

When it comes to repro parts or parts they have manufactured for them I am a bit cautious Sheetmetal is sometimes pretty good.

But I've bought Brake Rubber stuff and Steering rods and that was crap.

So when there is annother source I try to use it.

• Like 1

Just as an aside, I would be careful with running that boot even if it were in perfect condition. I thought I needed to rebuild my 235/5 at considerable expense because it was jumping out of gear at a specific throttle and RPM. A very wise man told me it was because the aftermarket boots arent the right durometer and put too much pressure on the shift lever. Once I swapped to a fabric boot (I know, its not period correct), the problem went away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FWIW I've bought a bunch from them and always had a good experience. Communication and service has been good so far, and sometimes they are the only ones that have certain parts we need for our tired old cars. I would be frustrated receiving that boot, also but I'm sure they will take care of you if you bring it to their attention.

• Like 3

Adam in Nashville

'74 2002tii, '90 E30/S52, '72 Alfa GTV, '86 Alfa Spider Veloce, '05 E53 X5, '06 E90 325i,

3 hours ago, 2002Scoob said:

The few mix-ups have been quickly and honestly rectified. 

+1

...and because I'm on the other side of the world they didn't even make me return the part.  They credited my visa and told me to discard the part if I wanted to.

By the way, I bought that same boot.  Pretty crappy compared to the original, but the one I purchased was not defective.

• Like 2

73 Inka Tii #2762958

I just happened to "stop by" to see how the 02 world is doing....

I've got a NOS boot you can have if you want it.  Stamped inside "RP33w USA" so I'm not sure the actual source.

PM me.....

TR

• Like 1

'71 MGB - sold   '74 2002 - sold

'89 XR4Ti - sold  '94 Miata R Package - sold

'73 tii - restoration project - sold

2 hours ago, PaulTWinterton said:

By the way, I bought that same boot.  Pretty crappy compared to the original, but the one I purchased was not defective.

Heh. I was actually cleaning my car the other day and was marveling at how terrible of a molded rubber part my original boot was. Maybe they're still using the same tooling as back then, and it's only gotten worse?

Parts like that are likely to only come from one source, regardless of who you buy it from and how much you pay. 

As might be expected for a car that went went out of production over 40 years ago. 

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

caution, we are discussing parts here and that annoys some people. 

grrrr.

heee

t

• Haha 1

"I learn best through painful, expensive experience, so I feel like I've gotten my money's worth." MattL

Are you saying it arrived like this, or it split when trying to install, because that doesn't really look like a manufacturing fault. As someone else said there's rarely mulitple options for a remanufactured part, they tend to all come from the same producer wherever they're bought.

Never had anything but professional customer care from Walloth.