• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cross country trip for my friend in 1973 2002 from OR to MI

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

A friend of mine here at work bought a car from Oregon last week and is planning on flying out to OR and then driving the car home to Michigan. He will be taking I84 from the Portland,OR through Boise, ID, onto Salt Lake City taking I-80 to Cheyenne, WY to Des Moines, IA, through Nebraska, Ilinois, and the I-94 to Detroit, MI.

This is his first 2002, and is worried about breaking down, etc.....Myself, I would be excited and look at it as an adventure....

Anyways, I was wondering if there was anybody living along the route that he is taking across the country that might be able to help him in the event of a breakdown, etc......

Route, like I said, is I-84 from OR to UT, I-80 from UT to IL, I-94 from IL to MI.....

Anybody who could help would be great......again...just in case.

Thanks guys.....you're the reason the 02 community is so strong.

02MonsterMike

Guest Anonymous

Take the car into a shop or mechanic buddy's place and just check everything out. Other then that, stock the usual parts, I kept a belt, cap and rotor, oil, coolant, and bits and peices in the trunk. :)

I drove my car from Miami Florida to toronto, and then on to Edmonton for a road trip.. no problems.

*CHECK YOUR EXHAUST STUDS* :) If there is like a tar

on the 4th cylinder stud and it smokes alittle bit. change it.

Guest Anonymous

can't fly with one, but before he hits the road, stop by and get one. It is the only one break down that can't wait for a mechanic or a tow truck.

Guest Anonymous

at the shop 2.JPG

URL: http://cgi6.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=al_canuck&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

And then a 76 02 from Calgary to Vancouver last year, and now my 67 1600 from Portland area to Vancouver last weekend. That's 3 long distance adventures with new 02's.

Anyway, with the 74, the screw fell out that holds the points in the dizzy, and with the 67, the screw fell out that holds the condensor to the side of the rotor. Neither one was a huge problem, but they both caused the car to stop running. Having had dizzy/screw issues 2 out of 3 times now, I would send him with a spare.

Al