zinz

my old '75 on CL, now it's red.

12 posts / 2016 viewsLast Reply

Price: $19950

Description:

No longer mine, I resurrected it a few years ago.  Sold it and this owner patched what little cosmetic rust there was and repainted it red and redid the interior.  I drove the car daily for over a year.  Behr AC was working when I sold it.  Looks like he at least painted everything (trunk and engine bay).  Car was originally Sahara.  I did all the mechanical repairs listed (front end, brakes, suspension, radiator, fuel system, shifter, etc...)

https://austin.craigslist.org/cto/d/los-fresnos-1975-bmw-2002-e10/6889436711.html

00505_kRsa7bUg7Fo_1200x900.jpg

Would make a nice daily driver for someone.

Ed Z

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 11:10 AM, 02Les said:

Was that Atlantik blue?

The car came from Houston, Les.  The story told to me was that the original owner gave it to his teenage son, who didn't like Sahara and wanted it blue.  It appeared to be a cheap Earl Scheib/MAACO paint job...no telling what color code it was.  It was as dark as Atlantik, though.  It was single stage and I polished it and had to keep it waxed constantly to maintain a shine.

Ed