• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

D*mn rattle I cna't figure out

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a very audible (loud) rattling noise that varies with RPM, seems to be louder with engine under no load (ie, 4000rpm in 2nd is loud, 4000rpm in 4th is fine?)

Any ideas what this could be? With the load thing, I am wondering if it's an engine problem, but I sure hope not :/

Guest Anonymous

And have spent endless time tracking them down and eliminating them.

More specifics as to the direction of the rattle. When I read your post I thought of my last engine rattle - the heat shield on the exhaust manifold... Only at certain rpm and MAN was it hard for me to track down for some reason.

HTH,

Jason

Guest Anonymous

bracket that attaches to the transmission was very loose. I removed it and the problem is fixed, of course the exhaust is now loose.

I tried to tighten it but it would not get any tighter, were there supposed to be rubber bushings on the transmission side? Where do I get those?

Guest Anonymous

31-9384644.JPG

ALL the tiny bits are available from any BMW dealer.

drive with out it and ........ well - I'll let you find out