Slavs

Really !

31 posts / 1044 viewsLast Reply

Coupe King not exactly known for bargain cars, I guess the same applies for parts. Cool stuff though...

5 hours ago, NickVyse said:

These have been rare and sought after for a quite a while now Slavs - going rate that I've noticed for quite some time has been around €150. This is the priciest I've seen but I'm beginning to think you've been frozen since 2002 and not noticed the last 17 years slip by 🙂

karma though is worth much more

If you think the mirror is rare, try finding the gasket for it

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sal Savino said:

I think I made my own with my dad...much easier and cheaper. 

I bought a couple 3D printed ones from Faq’r Geoff Raynak. Fit perfectly on my swan neck mirror base.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(edited)

Most of my interior, trim and wheels all came from the boneyards where I paid next to nothing for them. Recently, I needed to purchase some new parts, and I was appalled. So, Yes I’m still frozen in 1999 or 2002. When I see what some people are asking for parts, I cringe. And it’s not only BMW parts. In one of my other posts I brought up the example of the dive bar with the $ 3 beers being bought up by someone who markets it to the “Hipsters”. They didn’t even bother remodeling, just changed the sign and prices. So now you can buy a $10 beer, $10 hot dog and $8 seasoned fries. C’mon, really ! Ridiculous. And, did I mention, they changed the name of my neighborhood to convey exclusivity. As someone who’s family are landlords, we stand to benefit, but I think it’s gone too far and over the top. Young people are being fleeced these days. And, they are being duped and brainwashed iNextnto thinking it’s all right. Am I ever going to ask $100, $200 or $ 300 for a swanneck mirror, He’ll No ! I don’t care what’s the going so called market rate. And I have a couple of extra ones. If this crap continues these cars will go the way of the Alfa and Porsche, and 75% of you will be priced out. You will eventually either keep the cars or sell for top dollar. I’ve seen it happen with the 356. We used to work on those things over pizza and beer well into the morning. Since we drove them like mad, we burnt the clutches. Replacing them was no different than a VW. It was just another VW bug for us. But now it’s “ Do you know how to work on a 356 ? Do you know of a good 356 mechanic ?” Just take the damn thing to someone who works on VWs. It’s all madness. 

Edited by Slavs

hell I'm still stuck in 1978

(edited)
1 hour ago, iinca said:

hell I'm still stuck in 1978

By The Way...Jean Stapelton drove a 1980's 320i

Edited by conkitchen

Back in the day, you could go racing with an off the shelf BMW, Porsche Alfa, or whatever you had or owned.  Get a helmet and a seat belt and go to the track and be competitive amongst your peers.  NOW good luck getting on the track with someone else racing next to you, with no roll bar, safety suit and you definitely wont be competitive, unless you can buy a new GT3 just to start.  Even in vintage class racing, so much expense, just to go racing. The fun factor got priced out so we can put that in perspective to the cost of todays parts.

Like I said before, enjoy the drive, and don't worry about what things cost.  Save for it and buy it for you ride.  Enjoy

Cheers, 

Back in 78 I bought (stole) a Chamonix 1800ti in excellent shape for 850 lousy bux

....those were the days...

23 minutes ago, iinca said:

Back in 78 I bought (stole) a Chamonix 1800ti in excellent shape for 850 lousy bux

....those were the days...

$3500 in todays money - what's a 10+ year old 3 series worth now?

depends. if it's an N54 turbo car I see them for chump change...

Non turbo 328's more...

17 minutes ago, NYNick said:

For the love of God he's still at it.

Try this (a feature I like to use to minimize clutter (etc) from select individuals): https://www.bmw2002faq.com/ignore/

• Thanks 1