Slavs

Really !

31 posts / 967 viewsLast Reply

The car I just bought (1969/70) has one of these, and I'm giving the mirror away to a friend with an earlier car, since this is a detail that doesn't matter much to me on this new project. I believe in Karma. It lasts longer than money.

• Like 7

2002 was 17 years ago...things change

• Like 3

I have one on my 68, On a side note anyone know how to remove, I know it looks easy like to philips head screws but the one screw under the swan neck even if you swivel does not clear the neck at any position

2 hours ago, esty said:

2002 was 17 years ago...things change

What? Why did I not get that memo! 

• Haha 1

(edited)

edit

I'm the one who recommended the price of $200-$300 to him.  I was happy to pay $150 for one 4 years ago (after searching for a few months).

Edited by AceAndrew
  • Like 1

These have been rare and sought after for a quite a while now Slavs - going rate that I've noticed for quite some time has been around €150. This is the priciest I've seen but I'm beginning to think you've been frozen since 2002 and not noticed the last 17 years slip by 🙂

karma though is worth much more

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, rcf925 said:

I have one on my 68, On a side note anyone know how to remove, I know it looks easy like to philips head screws but the one screw under the swan neck even if you swivel does not clear the neck at any position

IIRC there are a couple different types of swan necks, depending on where they were originally mounted. Maybe you have to go in from behind the door panel? @tjones02 would know

(edited)

Yup, really, apparently...

Even 15 years ago, I took 'em off daily drivers and stuck generic ones on instead.  It's a relatively uncommon mirror.

t

even owned a few of the cars he took the mirrors off!

Edited by TobyB
  • Like 1

I went and checked out his Ebay store. Pretty cool actually, I'm bookmarking it.

100% positive feedback, thousands of transactions and some pretty cool stuff.

His prices are"asking price" appears to be willing to negotiate .

Dude, its a business. You always ask high so you have a place to go in negotiations.

Maybe that's old school,  probably.

I think you guys are paying too much for these parts. It’s difficult for someone like myself to justify all of this. And, I personally don’t like where all of this has gone. I gave away a number of those mirrors, and I would never ask that kind of money for them. I have a few left for spares. I use them on both, my 67 and 69, which Are still my daily drivers. These cars still represent my primary source of transportation. So, yes, I’m in a different world from a bygone era compared to most of you. 

(edited)
14 minutes ago, Slavs said:

So, yes, I’m in a different world from a bygone era compared to most of you. 

Your mirror seller also has this for sale. 

s-l1600.jpg

edit,  for me, much of the appeal of these cars is that they are a reminder of a bygone era.

Edited by '76mintgrün'02