bianchini

Double 02 salvage (updated 6/21/19)

5 posts / 544 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

UPDATE: I was in the area the other day and cruised by, there is nothing left. the whole building is completely empty and nothing behind the gates. There wasn't a note left, so TBD on double02 showing up again. sad stuff overall. 

Hey all, 

I just tried calling and emailing double02 and the phone line is no longer valid and the email hasn't been responded to. I just did a quick Yelp search and as of Feb 2019, someone said they are closed and moving (san jose allegedly).... did I miss this news? 

Does anyone have any more detail? I liked going to these guys locally!

Edited by bianchini

Hi--

Rumor has it that the landlord dramatically increased the lease rate for Double02 Salvage to about a current level for warehouse space in Hayward.  I imagine the "Green Revolution" may have had a distinct influence on that rate.  The new rate is incompatible with an auto parts salvage business.  I have heard nothing firm about the final disposition of the Double02 parts inventory.  I agree with you, Dean and Marshall always offered their best solutions to parts needs for our BMWs, often at a better-than-typical price.

Larry

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hey Larry, 

Thanks for the detail. I guess I gotta wait and see. Sad news though and I hope they find a new location!

On 5/8/2019 at 9:38 AM, layers said:

Hi--

Rumor has it that the landlord dramatically increased the lease rate for Double02 Salvage to about a current level for warehouse space in Hayward.  I imagine the "Green Revolution" may have had a distinct influence on that rate.  The new rate is incompatible with an auto parts salvage business.  I have heard nothing firm about the final disposition of the Double02 parts inventory.  I agree with you, Dean and Marshall always offered their best solutions to parts needs for our BMWs, often at a better-than-typical price.

Larry

Thanks, Larry! 

IMHO with the way Bay Area real estate is going, this had more to do with the "Greed Revolution" than anything else 😒.   Anyway, I agree 100% with your comment.  Marshall was always superhelpfull to me, especially when I first got into the hobby.  Always willing to dig up some obscure part, or share vital information.  I sure hope they do re-surface somewhere as 02 Salvage again.  

- Crash

• Like 1

Dean, Marshall, Ed and all the rest are 02 Pioneers...

Whenever, I work in the Bay Area on projects, I always bring my 02 from LA; knowing they were there gave me peace on mind..

I'm praying they re-group and find another place...

- Ed 

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.