Hodgepodge

Sold E21 steering wheel

9 posts / 444 viewsLast Reply

Price: $200

Description:

Here's the E21 steering wheel I pulled off of my Chamonix 2002.  Looks great.  Works great.  Nearly perfect except for a couple of small flicks in the plastic logo on the horn.  This is plug and play for a 2002.  $200 plus shipping.  Posting it here first!  

20190427_152004.jpg

20190427_152015.jpg

20190427_152022.jpg

7 hours ago, Hodgepodge said:

This is plug and play for a 2002.

... except the horn contact button for the 2002 is on the wheel itself and on the e21 it is on the column.

Has something been done to this one to remedy that situation?

(there are several threads showing different ways to bridge the gap)

56 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

... except the horn contact button for the 2002 is on the wheel itself and on the e21 it is on the column.

Has something been done to this one to remedy that situation?

(there are several threads showing different ways to bridge the gap)

I'm not sure why but this one worked fine on my 2002.  There was a ring on the wheel and on the column on my set up.  No pin.  I switched to a wheel pin and used the existing column ring to get the Nardi to work.  

That said, I can't guarantee that this wheel will work perfectly for any particular set up.  :-)      

I installed an e21 wheel on my car, (but it was not the three spoke sport model, just the basic four spoke).  The signal cancellation tab worked fine on my '76, but the signal stalk is on the left side.  Wipers are on the right.  

This photo shows the little brass 'jumper' I added to make contact from ring to ring.  I also added a 3/16" spacer to the shaft, so the back of the wheel cleared the column; which is standard practice for this style e21 wheel.  The sport wheel may not have that clearance issue.

105.thumb.JPG.1125f1813d21f81f1a51f411a8c29a0f.JPG

9 hours ago, man_mark_7 said:

....Not sure if all 2002's have the turn signal stalk on the right side of the steering wheel?

Square taillight cars shifted the turn signal stalk to the left side.

Regards,

Steve

This worked fine on my '74 square tail.  The horn and turn signals worked.  I like the tab idea but in my case there must have been ring-to-ring contact.   

Wheel is still for sale.  :-)