• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

16" wheels on "02"

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone have 16" wheels on their '02? wondering what it looks like or how they fit, wanted to lower the car also.

Guest Anonymous

Most ppl seem to think +1 (14") is about the best, what it all comes down to is what will fit with tyres and not rub. Rolling fenders is required too if you get too wide.

As for lowering, there's a whole bunch of spring choices (H&R, Eibach, ST, BavAuto, etc...) any of them lower the car about .5" to 1.5". The first thing of course is to remove the spacer on the front struts if it hasn't been done already.

-----------

BigDog

'76 2002

Guest Anonymous

Unless your shell has been extensively reinforced, don't use big wheels. Not having compliance from your tires, will require some flex from somewhere. usually it is the shell that gives it, and cracks.

Guest Anonymous

...all have front and rear strut/shock tower braces, not to mention full cages. With the exception of the firewall and the tacked on nose, there is very little to counter torsional (twisting) forces.

Coop

Guest Anonymous

I used to run 15's on my old 2002. They were great, theyd tunk in the back and only rub when i hit a big bump fast. I think 16's would be too big and cause problems. Not sure if that would look good either.

Guest Anonymous

19.jpg

They had to have the offset set up byt having the centres of the rim machined to the right thickness.