Yale

New gauge instead of clock

4 posts / 468 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Has anyone replaced their probably non working clock with a guage or multi gauge? I would like to see oil pressure, oil temp and charging. All in one gauge if possible. 

Perhaps there is some experience here from other 2002’s? 

Thank you. 

Yale

Edited by Yale
My awful spelling

My clock works and I like it there.

I have a MECHANICAL Oil Pressure, Oil Temp, and an additional vacuum / boost gauge in VDO gauges with additional AFM and Knock bar graphs on a separate display all in the console above the radio. Thinking of replacing the Vacuum / Boost with a round combined AFM / Knock unit from J&S

I look at the oil pressure the most.

The oil Temp is on the Left, the oil pressure gauge is in the center, the analog dials sweep 270 Deg.as opposed to IIRC 90 Deg. for the electric. Vacuum / Boost gauge on Right.

Due to the angle of the console, I used to get glare on the gauge glass, so I happen to have the (period correct) rubber "eyebrows" that shield them from the sun.

I do like to see the vacuum and learn where it turns to the surge area then boost. BTW, I can run 80-90 MPH  under vacuum, before surge, on the highway.......My gauge shows I get 9Lb. of boost, but don't know how accurate that is.

All above the Kenwood AM/FM Casette with an amazing 25W of power per channel!

684655515_PB294373(Small).JPG.df7cc9e300b14e85c56e68c69a2e2a81.JPG

this is what I want to replace my current display, which goes below the stereo, as mine is from the '80s.:

http://www.jandssafeguard.com/monitors.html