MattL

H&R Rear Springs - Does This Look Right?

20 posts in this topic Last Reply

Alternate option you could cut your original front and rear coil spring (1 coil or loop) and get stance and comfort. Cut coil spring bottom which means part numbers of some kind remains at the top of front and rear coil springs

Edited by Buckeye
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Buckeye said:

Alternate option you could cut your original front and rear coil spring (1 coil or loop) and get stance and comfort. Cut coil spring bottom which means part numbers of some kind remains at the top of front and rear coil springs

Yeah, if you're going to cut a coil, cut it from the part that already has all the coils touching- that part is basically working like a spacer anyways.  If you cut it from the other end where there is a bunch of space between the coils, that'll increase the springs rate- making stiffer springs.  (Shocks might feel better at that point...)

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the reassurance, everyone. I'll adjust the shocks down as suggested. Thanks for the tip on cutting the stock springs, too. I'll be keeping the H&Rs on, though. I chose them not just for ride height, but handling as well. Depending on how well the damping adjustments go, I probably just need to get used to the new ride, which is fine with me.