• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dosky

Here are a couple of close ups of the paint.  These are the 2 worst areas, the driver side of the deck lid near the rear windshield and the passenger side of the roof behind the sunroof.  The paint is spider webbed due to a chemical reaction between the original; paint and the newer paint.  The car was painted several years ago.  This is not a new problem.  It isn't getting worse but will not get better.

IMG_3375.JPG

IMG_3376.JPG

On 5/6/2019 at 5:56 PM, Dosky said:

My Tii will arrive Saturday.  I'll post pics when it gets here.  It is not necessarily a garage queen but seems to be a solid car and close enough to original that I can get it back there.  

Sounds like a winner; anxious to see pics.  These days when someone says "I want to find a garage queen tii" the reasonable way to finish that sentence is "because I have $100K burning a hole in my pocket".  That's a bit of an exaggeration unless you expect to starting winning major shows right away, but the way prices are going, it may not be overstating it in a few years.

Good luck in the sale of your '76 '02!

Edited by AlfaBMWGuy

I've been driving my '76 quite a bit.  I'm leaning toward keeping it and painting it later this year.  I have looked at several that were supposed to be "Nice" cars.  This car really is nice and straight.  With new paint it would be a long term keeper.  I didn't want to paint a car but I guess painting a rust free car is better than buying one that has been painted and not knowing how the prep work was done.

I'm looking forward to getting the Tii.  I'll make the decision on being a dual 2002 owner this weekend.  Everyone needs a hobby.  I have sold 10 of my vintage motorcycles over the past year.  I guess having two 02s wouldn't be so terrible.  I'll have one to drive while I work on the other.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, my 1976 Chamonix car is for sale.

My 1974 Tii arrived about 10 days ago but I have not received the title yet.  Now I have both cars in the garage.  I will sell one or the other but not both.  Both are good, rust free cars and in what I'd consider good condition compared to others I have looked at.

My intention is to end up with a good car to drive on a regular basis.  I like the performance of the Tii but the carbureted '76 model runs very well too.  I'm not a dealer and would sell either car for what I have invested respectively.

I'll post the Tii for sale as soon as I have the title.

57929251461__B8ABCBA6-E682-45FB-889B-51B03A9CF921.JPG

57929892195__A5E22F88-B68B-4EB2-B536-5FDFBDA8CD9A.JPG

• Like 1

No sunroof on the Tii but it does have AC.  I paid $22,500 for it.  I have not transferred the title and have not done any work to it.  I'd take $22,500 for it and keep my 76 model.  The Tii runs and drives well.  It does not have any oil leaks.  It has lowering springs, 1" lower than stock.  The ride is a bit stiffer than my 76.  It is a nice car.  The motor went through a total rebuild at 100k  miles.  It has 139k on it now.  It has been converted to a 5 speed.  I don't know what else I can tell you.  It is a good rust free car that I'd drive anywhere tomorrow.  If you are local I'd be happy to show you both cars. 

We know that car! Very nice, been for sale for awhile. Mystified as to why didn't sell sooner. I can only surmise that it was the color as Siennabraun is somewhat divisive. People seem to either love it or hate it. I personally dig it as it's not so common.

BTW, I think that was a very fair price considering the market, what's been done to that car and the fact that it also has a sunroof. Great score, I know that you'll enjoy it!

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

'74 Sahara/Beige 2002 HS car, long, long ago...

'73 Polaris/Navy 2002 tii lost to Canada

'73 Malaga/Saddle 2002 current project

'73 Taiga/Black 2002 tii in my dreams

I’ve been driving both cars and both are great. The 76 has a much tighter ride. The Tii has the normal door rattles and little irritating things that come with a 45 year old car. I just need to pull the door panels and address it. The Tii has small bumpers, a 5 speed and lowering springs.  Stock otherwise. The 28 year old paint job has held up very well but it is showing its age. If I were to paint and detail both cars they’d be extremely nice. I’m semi retired so maybe I need to dedicate my free time to paint work.