mz_90292

Recaro 9c3

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

Hello, 

New to the forum, so hello. E21 Recaro seats seem near impossible to find and I’ve found the waitlist with places like Aardvark to be 100 deep. Does anyone have any experience with the Recaro 9c3 seats that were factory options for police Luminas? They look similar to the E21 seat, but are readily available and then having new upholstery fit, seem like they could be a good fit. Also at $300-500 seem like a decent choice for refurbishment. Thanks for the help (and seriously I’m hoping there isn’t a thread already about this. I tried the search function up top, but feel free to school me otherwise). Cheers! 

-Matt

Try the same vintage Ford Mustang GT 1979-82.

some on the FAQ are buying replacement seat vinyl and foam from places like this:

https://www.cjponyparts.com/tmi-seat-foam-recaro-gt-1979-1982/p/SF19-V/

Thanks for the link, it’s much appreciated. I’ll make sure to check those out. Cheers. 

I have recaro VW seats, super comfy from a golf.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SydneyTii said:

I have recaro VW seats, super comfy from a golf.

I have Recaro seats from a MK II Jetta GLI.  Make sure they have  (or did have) the power bases. (six bolts on the bottom) VW changed the brackets along the way.

Corbeau makes knock offs (sport reclining ) and even come available with brackets for the 2002 for about the quarter of the price of getting old Recaros and upholstering them. You can add inflatable lumbar supports and heaters if you wish.