• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New TRW/Repa Seat Belts Made in Germany Colors

bluedevils

New German TRW/Repa seat belts with red and other webbing colors.  

9 members have voted

1. 1. New TRW/repa belts with colored webbing. Interested?

I am posting this to test if there is an interest about new seat belts with different colors other than black. Belts will be manufactured in Germany to fit perfectly to any 2002/1600, late or early models. Please search my other recent posts for new seat belts with black webbing. Price will be around  $350-$360/pair (TBD) plus shipping and paypal.

webbing colors.jpg

Edited by bluedevils
adding pictures/update
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

When might these be available (or even the black if the colors don't work out <I voted for Orange :)> )?  I have an early '72 with the non-adjustable center-loop belts!

Edited by Steve76063
Add comment on my current belts

S/N 2579886 Inka (Code 022) Birthday 03 Dec 1971 Delivered 13 Dec 1971 to Hoffman Motors 40 DCOE's, 9.5CR, 123 Ignition 

#792890.Smaller.jpg

The project was put on hold due to lack of interest. If you need re-webbing of your Klippan manual belts (in black), contact me around first week of June, I may be off help, price being depending on the condition of the hardware like buckles metal parts etc. I still have a few TRW/Repa sets with black webbing left over that can be retrofitted in your early car with some simple mods.

al 

6 hours ago, bluedevils said:

The project was put on hold due to lack of interest. If you need re-webbing of your Klippan manual belts (in black), contact me around first week of June, I may be off help, price being depending on the condition of the hardware like buckles metal parts etc. I still have a few TRW/Repa sets with black webbing left over that can be retrofitted in your early car with some simple mods.

al 

Actually, I'm looking to replace the Klippan tangle of belts (and the center loop has a notch cut in it from the clip rubbing over the years!).  Are the TRW/Repa the type with a retractor?  That's what I'd love to install.  After Orange, Black is my second choice, so I'd be very willing to get those.  What 'simple mods' would be necessary?

ps. I think I saw your M-stripe belts at Mid-America...I put a handful of raffle tickets in for them, but missed out :( 

Edited by Steve76063
Add comment on M-Stripe belts

S/N 2579886 Inka (Code 022) Birthday 03 Dec 1971 Delivered 13 Dec 1971 to Hoffman Motors 40 DCOE's, 9.5CR, 123 Ignition 

#792890.Smaller.jpg

Yes those were mine, JP got a great deal (free). Yes, they are with a retractor,  a pair was also raffled at Mid America 02 Fest, Jason Gibson (Eurotrash) won them! I can add orange webbing but you need to buy and send the webbing to me. I can sticth them into new retractor assemblies but this will void any warranty or liability, in fact no seat belts seller/manufacturer will give you any warranty which applies only to uninstalled sets.  There are articles at the FAQ construction zone showing how to install inertia belts to early cars. Do a google search within FAQ for Peacock method, or search for "installing inertia belts to early cars" or something like that.

Edited by bluedevils
typo

There is a minimum order on the webbing length, as well as the number of retractors. Webbing is manufactured by Elastic-Berger GmbH & Co. (Berger group). Try searching locally. I am not sharing my  resources with anybody.

Rad, thanks :) I’d probably look to rebuild my retractors and just install new webbing. Mine is getting a bit frayed/old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look forward to it. I'll have a few parts and some cool t-shirts at hotel Fri PM....Maybe next year, you should have a tent with lovely frauleins mit lederhosen demonstrating a set of your re-furbed (and outstanding) shoulder/seatbelts...

travel safely.  DV

Edited by auggiemize
added content

On 5/15/2019 at 4:49 PM, bluedevils said:

Yes those were mine, JP got a great deal (free). Yes, they are with a retractor,  a pair was also raffled at Mid America 02 Fest, Jason Gibson (Eurotrash) won them! I can add orange webbing but you need to buy and send the webbing to me. I can sticth them into new retractor assemblies but this will void any warranty or liability, in fact no seat belts seller/manufacturer will give you any warranty which applies only to uninstalled sets.  There are articles at the FAQ construction zone showing how to install inertia belts to early cars. Do a google search within FAQ for Peacock method, or search for "installing inertia belts to early cars" or something like that.

Thanks, I'll search the FAQ.

I think the Inka version would look really nice in Precious, any suggestions on where to look for Orange webbing and how much I'd need to get?  Also, what are the specs you need (width, material type, etc).  If it's too outrageous (or I have to buy 100 yds), I'll fall back on the black version.

ps. I put raffle tickets in for the black ones too, but missed those too :(  My bad luck was JP & Jason's good luck :) 

Also, I've been checking the other posts and see where others have had the rear-seat Klippans redone in matching webbing...this looks VERY nice :)  How much webbing would be needed for full front and rear belt replacements (with your retractors on the fronts)?

Edited by Steve76063
Add question about webbing specs

#792890.Smaller.jpg