boardhoarder

WANTED: Clean black front + rear seats for 1976

7 posts / 210 viewsLast Reply

Hi all,

I am looking for a clean set of front and rear stock-type seats in black.

Any nice late-model seats in black will do. My car is a '76, but they don't necessarily need to come from the same year.

Prefer clean condition with no major rips or tears or severely broken down padding, etc.

I am located in the Monterey/Santa Cruz, CA area and am willing to drive within reason to pick them up.

I could also pick them up at the Brisbane event coming up in May.

Thanks in advance!

I have a set of front black seats from a 320i, not sure what year.  I temporarily had the drivers side installed in my 1600.  I think it bolted right in, but can't remember for sure.  They are in storage right now, but I seem to remember that the upholstery was good, but the padding needed some work.  I can take some pictures for you next week if you are interested.  I am located at Lake Tahoe so if you are planning a vacation or my wife will be in Pescadero on May 12 and she can bring the seats there.

(edited)
9 hours ago, tahoedon said:

I have a set of front black seats from a 320i, not sure what year.  I temporarily had the drivers side installed in my 1600.  I think it bolted right in, but can't remember for sure.  They are in storage right now, but I seem to remember that the upholstery was good, but the padding needed some work.  I can take some pictures for you next week if you are interested.  I am located at Lake Tahoe so if you are planning a vacation or my wife will be in Pescadero on May 12 and she can bring the seats there.

And the 1975-76 front seat for an ‘02 is actually an e21 seat with a slightly different seatcover. The seat was created for the new e21 (introduced in spring 1975) and simply used in the 1975-76 ‘02’s. The ‘02 version has 6 pleats across the center section; the e21 seat had four larger pleats for this same area. The e21 seat also had a female seat belt receptacle bolted onto it at some point: I don’t know what year that happened — it’s easily removed.

Thus, an e21 front seat gives you 90% of the appearance of a 1975-76 ‘02 seat, and that could be turned into 100% with a new seat cover...😉

Regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 2

So sorry for the delay in responding!@tahoedon
Somehow I didn’t get a notification that anyone had replied to the thread.

I am definitely interested in seeing photos of the seats, if you wouldn’t mind sending some over.

Thanks,
-Roman

And the 1975-76 front seat for an ‘02 is actually an e21 seat with a slightly different seatcover. The seat was created for the new e21 (introduced in spring 1975) and simply used in the 1975-76 ‘02’s. The ‘02 version has 6 pleats across the center section; the e21 seat had four larger pleats for this same area. The e21 seat also had a female seat belt receptacle bolted onto it at some point: I don’t know what year that happened — it’s easily removed.

Thus, an e21 front seat gives you 90% of the appearance of a 1975-76 ‘02 seat, and that could be turned into 100% with a new seat cover...

Regards,

Steve

Thank you for the info, Steve! Much appreciated.

Cheers,
-Roman