• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

close ratio gear box on ebay

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7903267226&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBI%3AIT

These are very rare, but what is the going rate on one? Don't think I've ever seen one for sale. Anyone know if my 5 speed 320 bellhousing will fit on this thing? I've got the referance sensors welded onto my bellhousing for the S14 conversion. Not sure I really want a close ratio but it is nice to dream.

Guest Anonymous

ones (many years ago) that were "allegedly" in good working order (these boxes usually get worked pretty good) on up to $2000 + for fully rebuilt/restored/detailed boxes. Just my experience though.

Guest Anonymous

a 5sp CR trans coming back with my race car and will need to have someone competent that isn't a rip-off (does that person exist anymore?) inspect mine. It could be fine then again maybe not.

Guest Anonymous

and then another $1700 on top of that to rebuild it. Because of the steel syncros, they last about 50k miles. The brass (e21 style ones) are cheaper and last longer. I paid $800 for good used one and that was a good deal. The good used brass ones usually go for ~$1k. They can last as long as an overdrive 5 speed: i.e., close to forever if treated with kindness.

Guest Anonymous

sleeves they were about $1200 to replace (best price) good news is that it appears that now everything for that tranny is available again. except gears. Sychros are available but pricey $400 so it is easily a $2000 job by the time you add up sleeves, sychros, bearings energizers etc. + labor.