goodkarmech

Sold 74-76 Cluster parts

6 posts / 284 viewsLast Reply

(edited)
Price: $30

Description:

Parting out a cluster that has a broken speedometer and the tach got wet in storage. 

Nice housing with glass, all the screws + has intact screw mount pedestals.  - $30

Fuel Temp gauge unit. Fuel gauge has 90 ohms resistance, Temp gauge has 150 ohms resistance. -  $30

Speedometer needs repair needle is broken, hub tries to rotate when cable end is turned for parts -$20

Tach water damage has good needle and harness on back guts are rusted solid - $10

Will sell the whole lot for $50 plus shipping.

Unit has 5/74 on the back.

Prices do not include shipping.

Please pmail saying which part(s) you are interested in and include your zip code for shipping quote.

I take money orders and paypal.

Edited by goodkarmech

(edited)

I have a cable but it may be out of a 320i. I don't remember the 02 s using a little 11 in long Gray cable that this one has but I do remember them on 320i cars.

This black cable is about 47 in Long. If memory serves me the US 75 and 76 models have 2 cables with that EGR / reactor box between them to turn on the dash maintenance lights at designated mileage intervals. Of course by now many owners have removed that box and replaced it with a single cable. Do you know which cable you need or whether or not you still have your EGR mileage box? It may be best to remove your old cable and measure the length.

Edited by goodkarmech
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Hi, do you have the speedometer cable? 76 model 4 spd

Jesse,

Just to clarify, most 49-state 1976 cars had a one-piece speedometer cable: it runs from the trans to the speedometer head. But CA versions of the 1976 model used two-piece cables: one piece runs from the trans to the thermal reactor service mileage counter, the other piece runs from the mileage counter to the speedometer head. Cd, whose experience I trust, said that some 49-state versions appeared to have the mileage counters, even though they were not needed or used.

In summary, if you have a ‘76 model, find out whether you have a one-piece or two-piece speedometer cable: they’re not interchangeable.

Regards,

Steve

On 4/6/2019 at 8:32 PM, Conserv said:

Jesse,

Just to clarify, most 49-state 1976 cars had a one-piece speedometer cable: it runs from the trans to the speedometer head. But CA versions of the 1976 model used two-piece cables: one piece runs from the trans to the thermal reactor service mileage counter, the other piece runs from the mileage counter to the speedometer head. Cd, whose experience I trust, said that some 49-state versions appeared to have the mileage counters, even though they were not needed or used.

In summary, if you have a ‘76 model, find out whether you have a one-piece or two-piece speedometer cable: they’re not interchangeable.

Regards,

Steve

Thanks for the details Steve! I will double check it.