• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'm a squair tail newbie..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

02f12aaa.jpg

and I can't get the damn bumper shocks off! How the heck do I do it? Is there something under those weird tackwelded looking plug things? I they just bolt in or something? Silly big bumpers.

Guest Anonymous

in the trunk or under the hood that goes down thru the inner end of the shock. Like a one inch or so head hex bolt. pull it then the shock comes out, it may be stuck so get a hammer and chain or something to pull it.

Guest Anonymous

02f12aaa.jpg

Of how the front bumper shocks come off? I am having such a hard time finding the damn bolt Tom speaks of and it's driving me crazy..

Wish I had my books. :[

Guest Anonymous

bolts running vertically down through the frame rails which hold the bumper shock in place, after they're removed it still took some banging and prying to remove. the rears were a real bitch, i ended up cutting large portions of the rubber bushing thing that the shock sits in, in the rear, before removing them.

Guest Anonymous

head up. All you seee is the head of the bolt. it is thru the frame at the inner end, down thru a hole in the shock and threads into the bottom of the frame. Right side: 4-5 inches right and aft of the edge of the radiator. Left side: same location, you get to it thru a hole in the bottom of the battery tray, the battery has to come out to see it. If you can't find it call me.

Tom

Guest Anonymous

02f12aaa.jpg

I thought that was where it should be.. but there is no bolt, and it looks like someone tack welded it in or something..

PICT0091.jpg

Sorry the picture is fuzzy, but do you see what I mean? What's going on here? :\

Guest Anonymous

146-4682_IMG.JPG

I think you're looking for either (5) or (20) in this diagram. Probably (20) to remove the whole system.

I also assume this is where it bolts to the frame rail, in my parts book it says that this is the late version rail, and it seems to fit. There's a little hole there right next to where (2) points to, just to the right. I think that might be where you took pictures and where the bolt is supposed to be. Im not entirely sure though, I dont have a late car. Hopefully this clears up/confirms something anyway.

center

Good luck!

-Justin

Guest Anonymous

25-2244318.JPG

passenger side . Unscrew , and grab bumper, WIGGLE UP AND DOWN to loosen the rubber inserts that cover the shocks inside the body openings. Watch where you land when the lump pulls free and you fly.

"Bob's Your Uncle "

CD