• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

body shop week-why lights?

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

In all the videos I've seen, and posts I've read, there's been no big mention of lights like I see in body shops. I'm assuming I don't need to worry about it, but I'm wondering why they are used, and why the hobbyist does not need them?

Guest Anonymous

more than incandescent lights. It's also easier to see how your spraying is going, and they run cool so they're used in paint booths.

Infrared curing lights are used for quick cures, and are not required. I think they're primarily a "get 'er done" type of fixture :)

Are you doing your own bodywork? I thought your car was already redone, are you doing the volvo now? :) If you do let me know, I'd like to see you do it.

Guest Anonymous

...both need very little body work fortunately. Also making it easier is that both are "easy" colors. The Volvo is white and the Nevada is, well nevada. No metallic. Single stage I'm thinking.