o2 nut

Sold 1976 BMW 2002 m42

21 posts / 2827 viewsLast Reply

You are doing a LOT of work, and nice work too. If you were paid for your time the price to value metric most likely makes this an upside down scenario. So at $6,800 it's a decent buy for a fun driver. Sadly for CA folks it's a smog car.  Keep on keepin on, but you do need to find a stopping point cause it's past the tipping point, unless the practice is honing your skills for the next project.  

23 hours ago, o2 nut said:

Thanks. I just really enjoy working these little cars. This one was just sitting after a friend wrecked it and I was tired of seeing it sit.

They tend to become viewed like rescue animals. Save'em all but you  can't. 

I have a 76 that was T-boned at the door latch area and is rusty. Not worth much in ways of a driver or restoration car. It really belongs in the scrap heap, yet I can't let it go. So it sits in a warehouse cause I like looking at it. 

That's too true. Unfortunately I have other cars I need to finish and need the space. I thought it would move quickly. It's a way cleaner car than most I have built. I guess all the different colors are making people shy away.