8 posts / 434 viewsLast Reply

Can anyone direct to a good over all mechanic who still works on 02’s. I live in Galveston and obviously closer to me would be better. Thanks in advance ..

Ha, nothing really major. My heater don’t work, it has an a/c that don’t work, so I’d like to have that looked at. I have been reading about the heater re builds on this site. But am not very mechanically knowledgeable so just trying to find someone close to me in case ( which I’m sure I will ) I need them to do the work. Would like to switch from single to dual or maybe even fuel injection. 

Does your AC run 134a or is it r12? You might want to go ahead and stop by an AC shop and have them charge the system (assuming that it needs refrigerant) and put florescent dye in it. Most AC problems result in low or no refrigerant and the cause can be pinpointed be seeing where it is escaping from. It may be that it indicates that a hose or your condenser are leaking, but the dye will show where the refrigerant has escaped so they know what's bad. Easy to do, cheaper to pay a less expensive shop to do the easy refill, and then when you go to a good shop they have something to go on.

Thanks for the advice. But, the a/c and heater does not even turn on. I’ve tried the levers and nothing happens. Fuses are correct and good. So for some reason neither gets power. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.