• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

carby help please

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

can some kind 02er give guidance, building 02 street/ rallysprint car. usual mods ie 304 cam big valves 10.5 to 1 mahle pistons, good exhaust etc Q: was going to pair of 45 webbers,but have been offered 40 delorthos vgc with everything at vgood price will they do the job? performance loss? many thanks.

Guest Anonymous

15-7466241.JPG

- with WEBERS because of greater availability of parts sources, information , and infinite tuneability. Don't buy used molested, drilled out, poor running useless crap.

Guest Anonymous

With a Schrick 304 & 10.5 Venolia pistons, 36 mm venturi made more power on the dyno than 38. Based on measuring many similar built engines & carb configs on the same equipment.

I'd experiment with 34 or 36 size chokes, the 38 is too large to be effective with your setup.

SCCA E Prod BMW 2002 racers can run bigger cams & high compression, but are rules-limited to 32 mm chokes for the sidedrafts, and they still manage OK (but I bet most would be happier with 36 mm).

Guest Anonymous

Webs are easier to source parts for, but having worked on/rebuilt several of both, I prefer the Dells for tuning/rebuilding. Parts are available from cbperformance.com and accross the pond

Guest Anonymous

Of course they had tons of configurations, but from a old spec fax I got from CD, it seems that 38mm is the prefered size for those 160HP motor.

If you want the specs, I have them as an Excel file, I will email it to you.

Guest Anonymous

the carbs won't matter- you're developing the driver!

So save some money on carbs and run more stages. The Dells will do a fine job, especially at giving you the torque you need to get out of corners.

And look at class rules- I can't run anything bigger than a 40 in EP. Are the SCCA rally classifications the same?

Toby