conkitchen

Flippidy Flip flip Tii

9 posts / 973 viewsLast Reply

(edited)
Price: $100

Description:

And so the world turns, I never knew Utah was considered the West Coast as the Jersey guy states. But then again the Utah guy likely never titled it since he sold it 2 weeks after buying it. so the narrative remains the same. 

Maybe this time it will get the attention it deserves.  

As of 3/20/2019 

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-BMW-2002/153422115037?hash=item23b8abb0dd:g:i30AAOSw1YRckZFJ

Who knows what he paid, just another opportunist. 

$10,000 when it first hit CL and then relisted a second time for $7,500 

Edited by conkitchen

I stole it from a guy in Cali for 5k. I couldn’t pass on that deal.  Tii wasn’t a project for me. I put about $1000 into it just trying to sort it etc. State of Utah made me transfer the title and pay taxes of about $500.  I sold it for $9700.  He had to pay to ship it so there is another $500-800. 

I hope it finds a good home. It needed some love but nothing major that would make it a hard car to restore that I noticed. I have a bunch of pics from when I had it if anyone wants to see them. 

(edited)
19 hours ago, Jbaumshelter said:

I stole it from a guy in Cali for 5k. I couldn’t pass on that deal.  Tii wasn’t a project for me. I put about $1000 into it just trying to sort it etc. State of Utah made me transfer the title and pay taxes of about $500.  I sold it for $9700.  He had to pay to ship it so there is another $500-800. 

I hope it finds a good home. It needed some love but nothing major that would make it a hard car to restore that I noticed. I have a bunch of pics from when I had it if anyone wants to see them. 

Flip or not that car looks very solid from the start. Josh, you should also mention all your efforts in trying to get to the car. From what I recall you had to drive 100s of miles with a trailer etc. to go get it. Gas, money, time and effort is worth a ton. Everyone’s time is worth something and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. If you put all that into the equation, you didn’t make much after the sale of $9700. Not to mention the wear and tear on your truck, trailer, mileage devaluation, tires etc. if you want to get technical. 

So, to the critics it may seem you were just trying to make a buck but in all honesty if you take a good look all you did was pass on a very solid running driving 2002tii to another community member which the original seller failed to do after his many efforts through craigslist or eBay.

Edited by resra

20 hours ago, conkitchen said:
Price: $100

Description:

And so the world turns, I never knew Utah was considered the West Coast as the Jersey guy states. But then again the Utah guy likely never titled it since he sold it 2 weeks after buying it. so the narrative remains the same. 

Maybe this time it will get the attention it deserves.  

As of 3/20/2019 

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1974-BMW-2002/153422115037?hash=item23b8abb0dd:g:i30AAOSw1YRckZFJ

Who knows what he paid, just another opportunist. 

$10,000 when it first hit CL and then relisted a second time for $7,500 

Josh is rich now! RICH!

The tii market is hotter than Enron!

:D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ray_ said:

Josh is rich now! RICH!

The tii market is hotter than Enron!

Yep, I'm using $100 bills to light fires. 

The original owner in Cali was an older gentlemen and was living at a veterans facility. He was so frustrated with the internet and Ebay it was unreal. 

Somebody should pick up this car. I'm going to kick myself for not keeping it. The documentation with this car is very nice. I organized it the best I could and filled a complete 3 ring binder with all the receipts. The original owner was not a shade tree mechanic. Everything was done at BMW service shops. I'm not a big fan of the Tii. I like to do simple modifications to my cars and drive them. That's not what should be done to a Tii in my opinion. Hence, I sold it and immediately used the profits to put a 5 speed in my 1975. I thought it was going to a great home in New Jersey. The buyer indicated that he was going to restore it and seemed very excited to get it. I guess plans/life change. 

• Like 1

(edited)

Have to confess, originally being an hourish away from me,I should have bought this car back then! It was just the sellers way of posting and responses were so off-turning it smelled like fish. Also knew it was gonna sell for $5K which is practically free.  

Another log on my bitter BMW 2002 fire! 

Switching to front engine Porsche's, so much cheaper to buy. If only Steve would create a 9-Two-Four-Eight FAQ style platform *HINT* 

Edited by conkitchen
  • Like 1