Teelinger

Seattle area cars and coffee?

19 posts / 924 viewsLast Reply

A show of hands: who wants to get together for a monthly cars and coffee event?

I've been wanting to organize a consistent cars and coffee get together for folks to attend. How about the one in Redmond? https://www.exoticsat.com/about

That one is weekly every Saturday starting on April 6th till October, but we can pick one Saturday a month to attend as a group. 

OR, we can choose a different one to attend each month. I know there's one at the Lemay museum. What others?

Who's interested?

James

James - good idea, sounds fun.  My car is currently in pieces, but once it's back together, I'd definitely show up.

Another option - I had the metal work on my car done by Elliot at The Shop (https://theshopclubs.com/) in Sodo.  They host a lot of car gatherings, and he offered to set one up for the 2002 crowd if there's some interest in that.  They have a good bar with good food.

Thanks

Andy

The one at Redmond Town Center is the easiest one for me, when I'm in town. 

I like the idea. A lot of my summer weekends are spent at the track these days, but I’m sure I’d be able to make it from time to time.

Redmond town center is just a few minutes from my house, so super convenient, but I’m put off by this;

https://www.exoticsat.com/criteria

The events at The Shop have been far more inclusive/open.

Another option might be Lake Washington Cars & Coffee.

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Automotive-Service/LakeWashingtonCarsAndCoffee/about/

@bento wow, I didn't see that. That's pretty puckered up of them. 

I'm open to other locations. The Shop sounds good too. 

James

@Teelinger - I have mixed feelings about it. It is supposed to be an exotic car show. If it was a European, American, or Japanese show, no one would bat an eye. They also fill up on nice days and can afford to be picky in order to curate the assortment they want to present. 

On the other hand, I didn’t care for a good portion of the crowd in attendance, nor do I find newer cars all that interesting to look at sitting static in a parking lot. 

So for me, there are other things I’d rather do than go to Exotics @ RTC.

• Like 2

@bento Yeah, I now have a picture in my mind of the 'type of crowd' that you're taking about and think I know what you mean.

The Shop then?

What say you all?

James

If there's enough interest to make it worthwhile, I can see if we can set up a 2002 specific C&C at the Shop sometime in the summer.  I've never been to one of their regular Saturday morning, non marque specific C&Cs, so I don't know how crowded it gets.  Their parking lot is not large.

@Jam3422 Andy, that would be great. Please reach out to them and we can discuss separately in a 1:1 thread. 

From a regular schedule standpoint, I'm thinking a standing invite to all for the Shop's weekly C&C, then specific event invites to all for special C&C venues if we want to mix things up. 

Sound good?

James

I would be up for a regular meet.  I have not been to The Shop for Cars & Coffee, but their parking lot is not very large.  Might be a bit difficult to find parking on nicer days?  I haven't been to the Lake Washington meet, but it does look like there may be more parking.  Its also a Saturday meet at The Shop, and Sunday for Lake Washington, Sundays would tend to work better for me.  I would throw a vote for Lake Washington for a regular meeting point, with The Shop being a good spot for a one off/annual meet.

Again, i don't have experience with either so my opinion doesn't mean much here.  I should have the car back with some minor updates by June and look forward to attending!

I'm down to meet at the shop on occasion. I just attended Backfire Moto down there. I work fairly close, so it's super easy for me. My car isn't in pieces yet, but I've got a list I want to get done coming up soon. If nothing else I bring the dump truck out or something.

OK, I can try to set up a 2002 specific C&C at the Shop.  I'm thinking late in the summer maybe early September.  Any preferences?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.