• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Under the hood of a 76..

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

02f12aaa.jpg

What can I get rid of, as far as wiring? I want to strip out all the unneeded stuff.

What about those weird things up on the firewall? They look like little vacume valves or something.. The motor going in is smog free, Webber 45 on a Lynx, electronic ignition.. do I need all that vacume stuff? Also, the fuel return line.. can I cut it out of there?

Guest Anonymous

if you don't care about the smog stuff you can get rid of them vacuum deals on the firewall. the return line I would leave alone...why because I dream of doing FOOL injection on mine someday and the fuel return line is needed

Guest Anonymous

P1010161.jpg

.....ADD only those things to start and keep the motor running, NOTHING more. Then you'll have just enough - and not too much STUFF under the hood.

Guest Anonymous

P1010016.jpg

that runs inside the fender or on top of the frame rail, at least that is what my next project will be.

Guest Anonymous

02f12aaa.jpg

It used to leak gas on my 73 some how.. should I just unhook it at both ends and leave the hard line in there? Like, put some caps on it to keep bugs and other unwanteds out?

Guest Anonymous

02f12aaa.jpg

I want it clean, but I can't do like some of the guys on here and rip it all out and start over.. I have like two months to get this thing going, I'm just trying to keep my self busy until I start getting pay checks from the new job.. then I can get the motor in there.