• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to come clean - picked up another S14

M3M3

Congrat's Marshall, did the E36 M3 leave to make room for this. Perfect color combo by the way.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

1 hour ago, adawil2002 said:

Congrat's Marshall, did the E36 M3 leave to make room for this. Perfect color combo by the way.

nothing left...?  E36 M3 will be the ride of choice for CCA Octoberfest this fall.  Actually, of the cars I have, the E36 M3 is the one I am most likely to keep forever.

• Like 1

2xM3

I love henna. 

When I was 16, my first car was a 1989 Zinno E30 M3 that I purchased for $5k. 

In 2009 I bought a Lachsilber E30 M3 sitting in someones front yard for $3k. I never did anything with it as I was just starting college and a surprise jail sentence. I was forced to sell for $8k.

In 2011 I agreed to purchase an 88 Henna M3 for $7k but the seller backed up 30 minutes before I was able to meet with him to complete the transaction. Took me a while to save that money and I was sad. I really wanted that Hennarot car. 

In 2016 I had an Alpine II 1989 E30 M3 with 60k OG miles. I owned it for not more than 2 months before some a hole pulled me over and offered me $25k over what I bought it for. I ended up selling. 

Now I want another. Seeing yours makes me feel some type of way and I want one again. They don't do much before 4500 RPM, but damn it, they handle so wonderfully for an 80s sports car. 

I'll be watching this thread and secretly cursing at you for landing such a great example. 

Best,
RD 

• Like 1

some cars

some motorcycles

some airplanes

some surfboards

1 hour ago, danco_ said:

Now I want another. Seeing yours makes me feel some type of way and I want one again. They don't do much before 4500 RPM, but damn it, they handle so wonderfully for an 80s sports car. 

I'll be watching this thread and secretly cursing at you for landing such a great example. 

Best,
RD 

Based on your track record, you want to sell cars more than you want to buy them.

:D

• Haha 1

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 3 weeks later...

LOL.  i was digging through my old thread on "saved another e30 today" from 9 years ago where i detail life with a forlorn 325e.  got to the end of the thread where i sold the car and was then missing a BMW from the 80's in the collection.  Ken, Ray and Jim all said "get an E30 M3".  dang prophets!

i am reliving that thread now with the E30 M3.  nearly all the same work is being done to refresh a car that has not seen maintenance in a long time.

valve adjust

valve cover refinished

timing chain tensioner upgraded

alternator bushings and belt

all fluids changed

brake calipers rebuild and painted (fluid looked worse than the 325e's did)

new brake lines

new rotors

fuel pumps replaced

fuel filters replaced

stock stereo removed, cleaned and replaced

seatback return struts replaced

seat mechanisms cleaned and lubed

inst cluster SI board replaced 

cooling system hoses to be replaced

degreasing engine and undercarriage soon.

suspension bushings

shocks and springs

etc,

etc,

etc.

just because a car doesn't have many miles on it, doesn't mean it doesn't need maint!

Edited by mlytle
  • Like 1

2xM3

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

ok....Ken wants updates...?

completed all of the above worklist items except the suspension.  have a few more things to do on this 39k mile car, but that work is on hold as the M2 track season is in full swing and I gotta prep the E36 M3 for Ofest.

current status...

DSC_1030.jpg

DSC_1035.jpg

and it is now sleeping in the upper bunk bed.  i do take it down or a short spin each month.....

20190625_151431.jpg

Edited by mlytle

2xM3