m-tuner

NOS early nose panel

16 posts in this topic Last Reply

Price: $100

Description:

Early nose panel 66-73 1600, 2002, 2002tii, , new old stock. was installed on rusted out car years ago and removed, was sprayed with a rattle can , i sanded  off  this paint and reprimed  it to oem .  $2000 firm,  Red nose sold for  2 k, these are nos NO LONGER AVAILABLE part  any where , later 74-76 euro noses are at $4000 on german e-bay  today.   PM me if you need a rust free bondo free  part for that resto   Bruce M-tuner  20flyinghorses@msn.com

IMGP1294.JPG

IMGP1293.JPG

IMGP1292.JPG

IMGP1291.JPG

IMGP1280.JPG

Is this really NOS? New old stock? Says it was installed and removed, sanded and painted.... lol that doesn’t really sound new to me... also look at the cutout for the front bumper brackets... seems like there’s a high/low spot.... this just seems like a nice example used part to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

you sound like the comments on bring a trailer, if you need the part pm me, if you  have put a bent bumper into a nose panel it looks just like this,  if you are not looking for a mint nose  this is is it, it was saved  for a rare restoration, the used red one brought 2k  and this one is nicer   Bruce M-tuner

I think the point he is  making, as I have in the past, is that there used to be only one definition of 'new'.  Which to me, and assorted others, means "NEW". As in never used, never painted, nothing wrong with it....

This isn't BAT terminology, its the real world...

• Like 3

(edited)
20 hours ago, otisdog said:

... As in never used, never painted, nothing wrong with it....

Since Daron and Ray have declared this Fight Night — although they might challenge that point — I’d say, yes....”NOS” implies new and never used, but NOS does not speak to condition: that’s a separate judgement. A rusted out, sitting-on-the-shelf or sitting-out-back part could be NOS, but in poor condition. NOS parts are generally in better condition, but not many NOS parts remain in true mint condition.

When I restored my ‘61 F-350, I was shocked to discover there were actually lots of NOS parts out there, most more than 50 years old — Ford Motor Corp, unlike BMW, wasn’t cranking out batches of parts 40 years after the vehicle’s production ceased! And lots of these parts needed “restoration” — e.g., re-painting, re-plating, powdercoating, etc. Forty years on a back shelf, in a box, in a damp corner, doesn’t do a part much good....😯

There, have I fulfilled the requirements of Fight Night? 😉

Best regards,

Steve

Edited by Conserv
  • Like 3

early nose fits 1966 to 1973 round tail light  1600 2002 tii  e10  not later plastic grill 1974- 1976 cars , if you put it into a later car you need to change the tail panel and remove about 200 lbs of reinforcement to get to 2180 lbs of early car weight.