Dudeland

Shits and giggles exhaust cutout

21 posts / 728 viewsLast Reply

Is anyone running an exhaust cutout?   Just wondering.... bored and on the Summit Racing website.... 

I thought you said your car was already loud... for safety reasons :blink: 

Now you want it even louder?

I vote you get your giggles some other way.

5 minutes ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I thought you said your car was already loud... for safety reasons :blink: 

Now you want it even louder?

I vote you get your giggles some other way.

Thanks for the laugh. 

(edited)
50 minutes ago, Dudeland said:

Is anyone running an exhaust cutout?   Just wondering.... bored and on the Summit Racing website.... 

I tried, or I should say Midnight Motorsport did when they built  my exhaust system. Apparently there was not a lot of room to allow the "piss off the neighbours"  upgrade. I was disappointed to say the least.

Edited by joysterm

2 minutes ago, joysterm said:

I tried, or I should say the Midnight Motorsport did when they built  my exhaust system. Apparently there was not a lot of room to allow the "piss off the neighbours"  upgrade. I was disappointed to say the least.

I was talking with Adam at AMT.  He told me that they (Vancouver PD) is cracking down on modified cars. So heads up at Spanish Banks.  They are sending them for a "V.I." (vehicle inspection).  Apparently, brand new cars, M3's et al are getting hassled.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dudeland said:

I was talking with Adam at AMT.  He told me that they (Vancouver PD) is cracking down on modified cars. So heads up at Spanish Banks.  They are sending them for a "V.I." (vehicle inspection).  Apparently, brand new cars, M3's et al are getting hassled.   

Interesting.....maybe the vintage crowd will fly under their radar

I had qtp cut outs and I did like them but the set screws in the valves would come loose every so often and rattle like nickels in a tin can. The novelty wore off after having to retighten them a few times.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

What about a tunable/variable muffler?

Or do you specifically want a shorter exhaust travel?

Geez...I'm such a stock guy, I thought the topic was about cutting holes in the body to feed exhaust pipes through.  I'm thinking...Who'd want to do that?

• Like 1

Where would you locate it? If you put it at the bottom of the down pipe, before the resonator, there isn’t a lot of room and the fumes would just end up in your car (well, they would on my car). You would almost need a secondary straight pipe to take the exhaust out the side. 

3 minutes ago, Simeon said:

Where would you locate it? If you put it at the bottom of the down pipe, before the resonator, there isn’t a lot of room and the fumes would just end up in your car (well, they would on my car). You would almost need a secondary straight pipe to take the exhaust out the side. 

That is pretty much spot on as it was explained to me. There isn't many spots to place the unit without the exhaust pipe hanging much lower than it is already. .... coupled with a lower ride height made the exercise less than worth while. Although I am sure someone with  mad skills will take a run at it someday. 

8997713412037ead1432658d458a9155.jpg

Here you go - it’s an awesome sound

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

32ae7d5df2d60fb61627f89996015906.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1