rcf925

Hazard Switch?

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

On my 68 my Hazard Switch is broken, all the searches I do just turn up newer style. Mine has 8 wires going to it and looks like and is located like the one in this pic. Anybody have any ideas where to source 1 of these

17198758749_c3575fcdd7_b.jpg

20 minutes ago, jgerock said:

I'm betting Sherman Martinez can assist you..  He seems to have lots of 2002 parts (I've purchased some from him).

How would I get a hold of him?

14 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

Top one is newer style, Bottom one missing knob and what it attaches to unless there not showing it, I'll check it out

10 hours ago, rcf925 said:

Top one is newer style, Bottom one missing knob and what it attaches to unless there not showing it, I'll check it out

I'm not sure why you say newer style.  They both have the same part number.  They are just the switch, no knobs.  

I see these have both been sold.  Did you end up buying one of them?

The listing you're looking for has ended.
NOS Genuine BMW 2002 E10 Hazard Warning Switch 61311350284

New Old Stock Genuine BMW 2002 E10 Hazard Warning Switch

14 hours ago, '76mintgrün'02 said:

I'm not sure why you say newer style.  They both have the same part number.  They are just the switch, no knobs.  

I see these have both been sold.  Did you end up buying one of them?

I e-mailed sherman martinez, He thinks he might have one, Waiting to hear back. I didn't buy the ones listed cause it's the knob that broke off the top of mine, Shaft was corroded and wouldn't budge

Mintgrun, As far as older, newer style, I think when I clicked on top link it was all ready sold and Ebay just directed me to newer style which I didn't notice at the time

• Thanks 1

FYI on these early style flasher switches, the knob and its shaft are one piece, so the top of the switch itself is flush with its mounting nut when installed, until you screw the knob/shaft into the switch.  There's an itty-bitty bulb inside the knob, accessed by unscrewing the knurled top of the knob.

mike

6 hours ago, mike said:

FYI on these early style flasher switches, the knob and its shaft are one piece, so the top of the switch itself is flush with its mounting nut when installed, until you screw the knob/shaft into the switch.  There's an itty-bitty bulb inside the knob, accessed by unscrewing the knurled top of the knob.

mike

I gave mine a slight tug and the knob came off in my hand, I unscrewed shaft from switch to work on it to try to free up with no luck, Bottom half wires plug into is fine but I need the shaft and knob to be complete so thats why I'm on the hunt for complete one

I’m quite-certain I have one of the switches, @rcf925 - shoot me a PM if you’re still looking. -KB