Jump to content
Fishfan

2002 n00b here

47 posts / 1594 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

Mintgrun, Pierre front air dam, bumper stripless rear bumper, no lower trim. No pressure :)

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, TodB said:

Mintgrun, Pierre front air dam, bumper stripless rear bumper, no lower trim. No pressure :)

IMG_2588.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

Sweet. I'm dumping the lower trim too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Conserv said:

 

+1

 

Yes, buy the book!

 

Regards,

 

Steve

 

It's on order.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Make that 4 for mintgrun. Front air dam from Kooglewerks with Cibie Oscar plus relics rally lights mounted on Kooglewerks brackets. 

Jeff 

9C98830C-683D-4FF7-AE5F-3EBE7CE9C309.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do I get in touch with Pierre to get one of those Kamei repro spoilers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where can I get side view or "flag" mirrors? My car is missing the one on the passenger side and if I'm going to get a new one, I think I'll replace the one on the driver's side as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Fishfan said:

How do I get in touch with Pierre to get one of those Kamei repro spoilers?

Just PM'd you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
(edited)
20 hours ago, Fishfan said:

IMG_2605.jpg

 

For me, 

  • I live in SoCal where 70mph seems to be the slow lane. I installed a 5 speed and thought that was the BEST 2002 mod for me.
  • A/C - being period correct age (and possibly weight) I can't stand showing up to a lunch meeting sweaty and sticky so my 02 sat undriven for 4 months last year, a/c going in soon. Get the few modern parts you need and make Wifey happy 
  • If you want the easiest small bumper conversion just get the kit from Bluntech, I originally used the oem holes and regretted the finished product.
  • The Pierre/Kamei airdam looks great but will Not cover the entire square hole. There is a notched version for Big Bumpers 
  • Suspension - The basic stage 1 version with swaybars will greatly improve driving 
  • Wheels Size - 13's will be a bit of a pain for tires, 14's easy and cheap for tires, 15 even easier for tires, wheel fitment- same as a Miata so 15's can be very easy and cheap
  • Cost of ownership - If you've had one for 20 years this seems high, if you've modded any Modern Euro car in the last 20 years you may be shocked how cheap the 02 can be

 

Just a few from my modern Audi for a laugh:

 

Audi BBK: $3200/$425 pads

02 BBK: $700/$65 pads

Audi Suspension: $3900

02 Suspension: $800

Audi Ignition Tune: $1100

02  Ignition and De Smog tune: $475

Audi Tires: $1200

02 15" Tires: $250

 

A few of me for reference:

 

Stage 1:

Stage 1 suspension w/ 3M chrome

IMG_7237.thumb.JPG.3d6aa03c2d60512cda469dd67dba0ecc.JPG

 

Stage 2:

Stage 1 suspension + new body work and oem Belt line trim 

IMG_0235.thumb.JPG.6430c971ea31d9b95da3ec6983068e7a.JPG

 

Stage 3:

Coil overs, full adjustable suspension geometry, BBS RS wheels

IMG_1745.thumb.JPG.c95b786cfe42776be837a3fc5c70a5ff.JPG

 

I still love the look of both bumpers and lower trim with the long steel bumpers 

 

 

 

Edited by chargin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Esore10 said:

Make that 4 for mintgrun. Front air dam from Kooglewerks with Cibie Oscar plus relics rally lights mounted on Kooglewerks brackets. 

Jeff 

 

nice solutions for Front and filling the Square holes

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, chargin said:

 

For me, 

  • I live in SoCal where 70mph seems to be the slow lane. I installed a 5 speed and thought that was the BEST 2002 mod for me.
  • A/C - being period correct age (and possibly weight) I can't stand showing up to a lunch meeting sweaty and sticky so my 02 sat undriven for 4 months last year, a/c going in soon. Get the few modern parts you need and make Wifey happy 
  • If you want the easiest small bumper conversion just get the kit from Bluntech, I originally used the oem holes and regretted the finished product.
  • The Pierre/Kamei airdam looks great but will Not cover the entire square hole. There is a notched version for Big Bumpers 
  • Suspension - The basic stage 1 version with swaybars will greatly improve driving 
  • Wheels Size - 13's will be a bit of a pain for tires, 14's easy and cheap for tires, 15 even easier for tires, wheel fitment- same as a Miata so 15's can be very easy and cheap
  • Cost of ownership - If you've had one for 20 years this seems high, if you've modded any Modern Euro car in the last 20 years you may be shocked how cheap the 02 can be

 

Just a few from my modern Audi for a laugh:

 

Audi BBK: $3200/$425 pads

02 BBK: $700/$65 pads

Audi Suspension: $3900

02 Suspension: $800

Audi Ignition Tune: $1100

02  Ignition and De Smog tune: $475

Audi Tires: $1200

02 15" Tires: $250

 

A few of me for reference:

 

Stage 1:

Stage 1 suspension w/ 3M chrome

IMG_7237.thumb.JPG.3d6aa03c2d60512cda469dd67dba0ecc.JPG

 

Stage 2:

Stage 1 suspension + new body work and oem Belt line trim 

IMG_0235.thumb.JPG.6430c971ea31d9b95da3ec6983068e7a.JPG

 

Stage 3:

Coil overs fully, adjustable suspension geometry, BBS RS wheels

IMG_1745.thumb.JPG.c95b786cfe42776be837a3fc5c70a5ff.JPG

 

I still love the look of both bumpers and lower trim with the long steel bumpers 

 

 

 

Your build looks awesome.

 

So your rear bumper is from Blunt? 

 

Can you explain what you mean about the Kamei Repro and the square hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Fishfan said:

Your build looks awesome.

 

So your rear bumper is from Blunt? 

 

Can you explain what you mean about the Kamei Repro and the square hole.

 

The square holes where the Bumper shocks come out of the body, the Bumper "Kit" comes with mounts that use the old mounting points from the square hole

Ireland Engineering Airdam that came with the car:

630097659_EarlyBumpersinstalled(17).thumb.JPG.5d414beb6e3b47482a0df13f7ff2f520.JPG1001701574_EarlyBumpersinstalled(18).thumb.JPG.48374acc28b25032c665271c4d01de1c.JPG

 

OEM Bumper Mounting:

1923792571_EarlyBumpersinstalled(22).thumb.JPG.eb0a84ce22001f4dfaa069f31374d673.JPG

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, chargin said:

 

The square holes where the Bumper shocks come out of the body, the Bumper "Kit" comes with mounts that use the old mounting points from the square hole

Ireland Engineering Airdam that came with the car:

 

 

 

 

I see. Well the car's been disassembled and sandblasted. Doing a ton of rust repair and fabrication, so it shouldn't be too hard to fill in those holes. 

 

Your rear bumper is from Blunt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Fishfan said:

Your rear bumper is from Blunt?

 

Mine is an Original Steel "Shorty"

 

The Blunt one looks the same 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Fishfan said:

I see. Well the car's been disassembled and sandblasted. Doing a ton of rust repair and fabrication, so it shouldn't be too hard to fill in those holes.

 

If you're doing it all think about deleting the reflectors and rear driving lights, I left mine and regret it 

 

1039157121_Dec16(13).thumb.JPG.b7a8df5663f7ccbce47a95ba8b44a575.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.